Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Does anyone have updated information about this?

Does anyone have updated information about this?

I have a bracelet to decline participating in case I was ever in an accident. I tried to look up on Google but there is nothing current. Wondered if anyone here knew anything?

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

I think your wording is not clear enough.  Decline to participate in what?  Do you mean you don't want to be resuscitated or put on life support if you aren't breathing?  I guess you can put anything you want on a bracelet, but I'm not sure how legally valid it would be without some paperwork to go along with it.
      February 4, 2017 12:44 PM MST

• I guess I don't understand what "Tag" is for. I thought you titled what you are referring to, which is The "Northfield PolyHeme Study", ask a character limited question, "Does anyone have updated information about this?" then give further explanation. 
      February 4, 2017 6:11 PM MST

I think you may have intended this reply for someone else.  It doesn't relate to my comment.
      February 4, 2017 10:05 PM MST

• You asked me "Decline to participate in what?". The other replies were similar so I just copied my answer to all you guys.
    I think I erred in choosing the "category". The "what" was "The Northfield PolyHeme Study" which is at the top. I didn't understand what "Tag" was for so, like "label' or "subject", I assumed that's where I was supposed to put that. I don't know the difference for "answer Mug" or "answerMug Members...I chose the latter. Guess I was wrong. I'm still new here. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 5, 2017 5:25 PM MST
      February 5, 2017 6:18 AM MST

The purpose of the tag feature is to list keywords (each one of which or each phrase of which should be separated by a comma) that others can enter when searching for topics in the search bar at the top of the page/screen. 
    You would be better served placing the Northfield line in the description field below the question as opposed to spelling it all out in the tag line. That description option is available to you even now by selecting the 'Edit Description' button. It might help make it clearer to people exactly what you're referring to in the question. 

~
      February 5, 2017 7:01 AM MST

• Totally confused...my2cents said I used the "Tag" perfectly. 
      February 5, 2017 10:40 AM MST

Used it perfectly to the point that more than 75% of the first people who responded didn't have the foggiest idea of what you meant.  I saw My2Cent's response also, but after I posted my comment. I do not know why My2Cent stated that. 

The tag feature is not used by a lot of people when they post content here, and some of them who do use it place entire sentences in it. Also, for a long, LONG while, the search function wasn't even operable, so the tag feature was kind of useless during its downtime.

Go with what My2Cent said. (Shrug.)
    ~
      February 5, 2017 12:35 PM MST

I said the tag was used perfectly.   It used the "key words". 
    I also said to mention it in the description field as well. Evidently I did not make that part clear enough. 
      February 5, 2017 1:53 PM MST

I read your post, both before and after you edited it. 
    ~
      February 5, 2017 6:27 PM MST

The only thing I edited was underlining the part where I said to mention the tag in the question or description.
      February 5, 2017 6:37 PM MST

Thank you, My2Cents.

~
      February 5, 2017 7:04 PM MST

• Blimey, I'm sorry. :-(   
      February 5, 2017 5:56 PM MST

I understand.  You'll figure it out eventually.  I still have trouble. :)
      February 5, 2017 5:25 PM MST

February 4, 2017 12:45 PM MST

• I guess I don't understand what "Tag" is for. I thought you titled what you are referring to, which is The "Northfield PolyHeme Study", ask a character limited question, "Does anyone have updated information about this?" then give further explanation. 
      February 4, 2017 6:13 PM MST

You're right.  Bad us.  I know I don't look at tags but I will from now on. Cheers.
      February 5, 2017 6:54 AM MST

Decline participating in what?  Being an organ donor?  If that is what you are asking, usually if someone wants to be a donor in case of a fatal accident, it's on their drivers license.  People also have bracelets that say they are organ donors.  I've never heard of someone having a bracelet that says they don't want to be a donor because generally, without written consent, it's illegal.  If you don't have anything written out & if you are concerned that your family might donate your organs, I guess if you want to wear a bracelet that says you don't want it, there shouldn't be an issue.

If I am completely off base on what you are asking, will you please clarify?  Thanks.
      February 4, 2017 12:48 PM MST

February 4, 2017 6:15 PM MST

• I am sorry...I just spoke too soon, which is what I frequently do. The bracelet was to decline participating in a study using artificial blood in emergencies but after I posted my question I thought maybe I better read one. My face is RED...It was stopped in 1998 due to too many deaths.

I was in the process of transferring everything from one purse to another. I came across this bracelet tucked away in an old wallet and it was just easier to run down here and ask instead of reading through all on the Google menu.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 4, 2017 4:09 PM MST
      February 4, 2017 12:57 PM MST

Well, that goes to show you how way off base Jewels, Harry and I were.

February 4, 2017 2:16 PM MST

I think Jewels answered the question perfectly! 
      February 4, 2017 4:11 PM MST

• I agree!!
      February 4, 2017 6:16 PM MST

It was a wonderful answer.  Unfortunately, the subject to which Ladyhorse was referring had absolutely nothing to do with any of our answers. 
      February 4, 2017 10:11 PM MST

• No problem!! www.nbcnews.com/id/4314404/ns/.../artificial-blood-testedwithout-patients-consent/
      February 5, 2017 9:29 AM MST