Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The older we get the more we lose. People. Opportunities. Health. Even so getting old is better than the alternative. When isn't it?

The older we get the more we lose. People. Opportunities. Health. Even so getting old is better than the alternative. When isn't it?

Posted - February 13, 2017

Responses

When I was about 11 - 12 year old I had one of those 'near death experiences' -like floating through a long narrow room , seeing all of my past life from present to infancy. The end of the room was no wall but seemed like an exit to the point of no return;  kind of a twilight zone I could not see beyond. Anyway I was resiscutated from near drowning just in time.

Years later I had a dream that I did pass the point of no return -the sensation I felt was like 'coming home'. A feeling from my deep subconscious was 'I always knew'  ..'this is where I belong' .. free of my earthly mind, brain and body; like perhaps existence before my life began and after life ends.

A different dimension of existence,  different dimension of awareness.  If my dream was meaningful at all the 'afterlife' seems like a pretty good prospect to look forward to.

But 'course make the most and best of your existence while you are on this Earth! 
      February 13, 2017 6:52 AM MST

i think theres advantages to getting older, im having a hard time cause im living on no income, and cant get ssi and welfare only helps so much if youre single, no cash , just food stamps and medicaid, i went to school just so i can get grants, but now im not doing good there so not sure how long i can keep that up, right now someone has been interested in hiring me so i might take it, handing out samples in stores. but sometimes i think, im 56 right now, if i had been 60 i couldve gotten old age pension and then my problems with lack of income wouldve been over, sometimes ive wished i was older so i wouldnt have had these issues
      February 13, 2017 10:01 AM MST