Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Why do these old people get mad at me when I tell them their senior card gets them half off and not in for free?

Why do these old people get mad at me when I tell them their senior card gets them half off and not in for free?

It's like they want a... free handout or something, you know?

Posted - July 11, 2016

Responses

It will probably make much more sense when you reach that age.  Many seniors live strictly off their social security which is sometimes not enough to make ends meet.  At times they have difficulty paying for some of the basic necessities which young people take for granted because they've never had to do without.  There are some left to fend for themselves because either they have no children to help them or their children are off living their own lives.  Maybe if you try to keep this in mind you might be able to understand a little better.  Chances are, if you had to live the lives some of them do, you'd probably be a little mad once in a while too.

July 11, 2016 5:22 PM MDT

• I heard that Free things and handouts are Ok as long as you don't need them.

You know what's funny? The average age of the FOX news viewer is 67.

July 11, 2016 7:07 PM MDT

(angry with)
      July 11, 2016 7:12 PM MDT

• Well...each man who was angry had their kids or grandkid in the car and they paid the 3 dollars and they had a nice car... :0|
      July 11, 2016 7:33 PM MDT

• No billy the old. :0)

• Oh!!!

• Nope. Mad at.

Old white people are awful like that.  They constantly expect everyone to give them a handout.  

July 11, 2016 8:20 PM MDT

• they're just crotchety. it's not easy being old. i wouldn't take it so personally.

July 11, 2016 10:13 PM MDT

• You know? The way you worded that question could be taken offensively by some people. It doesn't really make them old folk look stupid, but in actuality, it makes you look sort of rude. I really doubt there's a Senior Citizens Conspiracy, to get a free Cracker Barrel meal. Maybe they just really don't know.

July 11, 2016 11:08 PM MDT
  • D&D

Exactly. Why did they not use their God-given brain and been less selfish when young? They could have planned for old age too.

Lots of people become mean little poo when they get older.

July 12, 2016 7:41 AM MDT

• Not sure. I'm old and don't expect freebies. I do take the discounts I can get. That's one of the few things that make getting older worthwhile!  :)

I have a feeling those people who get mad about that ... have probably always been mad if they're not given special favors though.  

Just smile and tell them you're sorry, but that's the rules.

July 12, 2016 11:31 AM MDT

•   July 12, 2016 8:46 PM MDT