Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you ever enjoy some really dark music?

Do you ever enjoy some really dark music?

What is your favourite?

I hope this works...trying to put in LOVE OF THE LOVELESS, sung by the Eels...have loved this since I first heard it.
On my computer, it looks like the YouTube video is too large for the screen? Did it come out okay?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luudV9WnQqM

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

• My favourite song at the moment is a bit dark...It calms me down lately though ... So is good :) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEKuttVRIo

February 18, 2017 1:07 PM MST

•   February 18, 2017 4:53 PM MST

• Thank you, fix 
      February 18, 2017 5:16 PM MST

• Oh Jaimie!
    ...that is a splendid dark song...I loved the lyrics...even the album it's from, ALL HOPE IS GONE...
    Yes it is soothing.

Please look under Didge answer too, I posted your exquisite Carla Bruni song there for him...
      February 18, 2017 5:18 PM MST

• Ahhhh :) you got Carla from me ;p glad you're here :)
      February 18, 2017 5:19 PM MST

• Well bubbly or gloomy, I have been enjoying your posts, WW!
      February 18, 2017 5:35 PM MST

• I just loved listening to this piece, Winged Wonder...I see she is Canadian...are you?
      February 20, 2017 9:21 PM MST

• You could say that

February 18, 2017 6:37 PM MST

• These are just remarkable, Glis...
    The second one, directly correlating both with the work of Carl Jung, and with Drunvalo...I had no idea such music existed. Soothing and relaxing, reassuring as well...
      February 20, 2017 9:33 PM MST

ive never been much into music, i tend to like it better quiet
      February 18, 2017 9:44 PM MST

• I am delighted and somewhat surprised by your answer, Pearl, love of quiet can be quite rare and special.
      February 19, 2017 4:46 PM MST

Depends what you mean by dark. I like "The End" by the doors, I guess that can be considered dark. The Velvet Underground did a few, too. Or dark like Black Sabbath, that's a bit heavier? 
      February 18, 2017 9:47 PM MST

• Oh Righty1, I meant to get back to you...I spent a most lovely time listening to the Doors, THE END...
    I liked them a lot in my Haight=Ashbury days, 1967-69...
    So I poked around and learned the history of that song...yes so dark and lovely sometimes just nothing else will do...from my perspective now, 2017, I ended up contemplating the idea this song might be actually quite existential...tapping into/from the existential despair of our era...

Anyway, ty!
      February 20, 2017 7:50 PM MST

• Having been a western classical music enthusiast for many years, I have missed a lot of music from other genres. This, along with contributions from your other responders, is my first introduction to what you call dark music, and I like it. I think the video enhances the enjoyment. 
      February 19, 2017 6:53 PM MST

• Western classical music tends to be my first love also, Wisdom Tooth!
    Also appreciate American jazz, and then there are times for this dark genre also...
      February 20, 2017 7:52 PM MST

• Yes, and thanks for opening my eyes (and ears as well) to it .
      February 20, 2017 8:06 PM MST

Dark music does nothing for me. I'd rather listen to what I've always listened to for the last 15 years.
      February 19, 2017 7:00 PM MST

• But Zack, you do not specify what your music is, that you have appreciated for so long? 
    If I may inquire?
      February 20, 2017 7:53 PM MST

Lots of Queen, Earth, Wind & Fire and a few tracks of The Rolling Stones, classical and the rest is miscellaneous mp3's.
      February 20, 2017 7:58 PM MST

• Can never go wrong with those, lovely ty.
      February 20, 2017 8:11 PM MST

Yes, I have a separate playlist for my dark music called "Internal Bleach" filled with the darkest of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, The Doors, some other stuff, and Mozart's Requiem in D minor.
      February 20, 2017 7:56 PM MST

• Internal bleach .....love it :) I'm gonna make an internal bleach playlist ;p 
      February 20, 2017 8:08 PM MST

• Well...I think ima go to YouTube, find the Mozart Requiem...heart singing, here...
      February 20, 2017 8:12 PM MST

Definitely I like dark music. I'm open to all kinds of music and am drawn often to what might be called dark music.

One of my favorite composers is Krzysztof Penderecki. Here is my favorite album, "Matrix 5," of his music performed by The Polish National Radio Symphony. They simply transform his music in to a living entity!
    My favorite piece on the album/CD is "De Natura Sonoris No. 2," which I will post here.
    If you have nine minutes or so, I recommend listening from start to finish.
    Penderecki's musical ideas are unlike anything I've heard.
    I love the guy!
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 20, 2017 8:16 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 8:03 PM MST

• Dear Welby Quentin,
    i will take that 9 min right now, and looking forward to this ty!
      February 20, 2017 8:14 PM MST