Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Family » Were you the favorite of your parents, or was it one of your siblings? How did that work out?

Were you the favorite of your parents, or was it one of your siblings? How did that work out?

I think that regardless of what parents say to their children, they always have a secret (and sometimes not so secret) favorite child.
You know, he gets away with more things and seems to do no wrong.
What did that do for / to you, or the chosen sibling???

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

• I'm far from the chosen sibling...that would be one of my younger sisters.
      February 28, 2017 5:56 PM MST

• Are you the oldest sibling, Angela?
      March 1, 2017 7:48 AM MST

• I have a sister by marriage that's a year older, but yes, blood sister's, I am the oldest.
      March 1, 2017 8:10 AM MST

• Oh, I was definitely the favorite. And I got all the attention in the world :)

I was also the least-favorite :P

#OnlyChild
      February 28, 2017 5:58 PM MST

• Oh, good one, I didn't get it at first.
    I've heard a lot of only children growing up wanting brothers and sisters did you?
      March 1, 2017 6:59 AM MST

• Sometimes I would wonder what it would be like, but I don't think I ever strongly desired them. I've always been a solitary person and I enjoyed getting so much attention from my parents. I had close friends who visited me often so that made up for it. 
      March 1, 2017 11:44 AM MST

I was their favorite mistake
    They put me in a cardboard box and left me at a bus station
    after I  was born.....not a joke
      February 28, 2017 5:58 PM MST

• Bad news indeed, Baba. Glad you made it.
      February 28, 2017 8:13 PM MST

Their loss Baba. Keep the faith.

February 28, 2017 8:34 PM MST

Sighhhh Baba.....how could anyone be so heartless;((
      February 28, 2017 8:58 PM MST

• Not a joke? For real????
      March 1, 2017 7:00 AM MST

for real
      March 1, 2017 9:06 AM MST

• And then??
    I mean, you can't just leave the story there . . .
      March 1, 2017 11:00 AM MST

That is a terrible way to start life.  I hope you were adopted by good people.
      March 1, 2017 8:10 AM MST

a long time ago
    but I made it through everything...LOL
      March 1, 2017 9:07 AM MST

Well, you certainly have.  You are generally upbeat, fun, & always a very nice person to interact with.  So, I'd say you have persevered in spite of such an inauspicious start. :-)
      March 1, 2017 10:03 AM MST

• Your parents are the ones who made the biggest mistake.  They lost out on the love of a child and the joy of watching that child grow and become an adult. 
      March 6, 2017 1:19 PM MST

• Pretty sure my mom hated my guts and favoured my sister... One summer she made me take care my little sister during days while she worked... Loaded me up with chores for an allowance and nothing for my little sister do... So I created game " Cinderella" every morning ... Would tell my sister "okay ... I'm be Cinderella you are " ugly stepsister" "
    she would beg be Cinderella ... So I would let her ... Get her do my chores and I would  collect allowance... Then my mom found out at end of summer  and instead if recognize I'm a freakin' genius!!! I got yelled at and grounded...that wasn't fair. Meh 
      February 28, 2017 6:04 PM MST

• I love it!!
      February 28, 2017 7:14 PM MST

• Haha :) true story .... I've always been a mind ninja;)
      February 28, 2017 7:18 PM MST

• I believe it too, lol! Did your sister ever figure out what you were doing?
      February 28, 2017 7:27 PM MST

• Oh yeah .... Lol few years later she broke a cheap as' ceramic statue of a black panther in house  .... I convinced her was worth a fortune .... She was my Slave for months :) id ask her do something I didn't want do .... She'd say " no" I'd say " theeeeeee Panther" she would do ..... She had a compete melt down over that to our mom after few months and I was in so much trouble ..... We laugh at it now ..... But holy faaak was a big deal back then :) 
      February 28, 2017 7:43 PM MST

How COULD YOU JAMIE;)))
      February 28, 2017 7:46 PM MST

• I was preparing her for life .... I'm awesome like that :) lol was just texting her remind her  this .... :)
      February 28, 2017 7:48 PM MST