Discussion » Questions » Family » Were you the favorite of your parents, or was it one of your siblings? How did that work out?

Were you the favorite of your parents, or was it one of your siblings? How did that work out?

I think that regardless of what parents say to their children, they always have a secret (and sometimes not so secret) favorite child.
You know, he gets away with more things and seems to do no wrong.
What did that do for / to you, or the chosen sibling???

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

But what a novel idea .....i still dunno if  you did right, Jamie! Wasn't it emotional blackmail;))
      February 28, 2017 8:36 PM MST

• Damn straight it was ...... How you think I grew up to be a mind ninja? Casualties to be expected In my training .... :)      
      February 28, 2017 8:52 PM MST

Umm I dunno.....but I can't do it ....maybe I'm too huh....can't get the right word...delicate....God I'm stuck;(( This post was edited by Veena.K at March 4, 2017 4:14 PM MST
      February 28, 2017 8:54 PM MST

• Lol :) her and I are very close now ... If makes you feel better she once beat me with a stick end of vacuum and I locked my self in washroom for a day...cos vacuum :(
      February 28, 2017 8:58 PM MST

Nah it doesn't make me feel better that she once hit you with a stick end of vacuum...you are a sweet girl and I'm sure your sis is too.....maybe if I had an younger sister I would know;))
      February 28, 2017 9:08 PM MST

Well done.  

She learned at an early age and in a safe environment that there can be an end to the restitution required for even egregious wrongs.
      March 1, 2017 12:43 PM MST

• That's what I call resourceful!
      February 28, 2017 8:14 PM MST

• I thought so too :) thank you :)
      February 28, 2017 8:22 PM MST

• That was very clever, but come on, that was pretty evil too. )
    Do you think it helped your sister growing up being favored?
    Good story, you're lucky they didn't make you give the money back. )
      March 1, 2017 7:05 AM MST

• They did -_- also they went  to Nashville that end of summer and left me home with my crazy aunt .... Like said ... They hated my guts ;) 
      March 3, 2017 5:33 PM MST

• Well...Nashville...hmmm
    Im not sure you missed that much.  ))
      March 3, 2017 7:00 PM MST

Genius !!!
      March 1, 2017 12:40 PM MST

• Yes I am a genius. Thanks Tom ;) no one else can see that .... Meh ;)
      March 3, 2017 5:35 PM MST

Love your creativity Hun. Mhmm. Ahem. 
      March 5, 2017 1:34 AM MST

I'm an only child. Their only favorite.
      February 28, 2017 6:11 PM MST

• You know?
    Some people say that only children grow up with a sense of entitlement. Not saying you did, but do you think that's true? Did you get everything you wanted? I sure wished I was an only child sometimes. I figured everything would not have to be shared three ways, you know what i mean?
      March 1, 2017 7:10 AM MST

It was quite the opposite. We were never well off. As a matter of fact, all our lives we just got by which means that I just got by. I hardly ever got what I wanted. That whole thing didn't happen untill high school by my own hands. There was a period in my life where I stole from the rich and gave to the poor(long story). The poor being me, my mom and my dad. 
      March 1, 2017 12:31 PM MST

My mother told me I was an accident. My father couldn't remember my name. He referred to his family as "the d*m kids".
      February 28, 2017 6:16 PM MST

• That's not  cool at all.
    That's something I think about sometimes.
    Who is really not an accident????
    Besides those people you see on talk shows with stories about how blessed they feel because they've been trying for so long, blah, blah, blah.
    Isn't most everybody a surprise any way? 
    About your mother saying you were an accident, that's cold.
    Thanks for sharing J. I do appreciate it.
      March 1, 2017 7:17 AM MST

Now you are.
      February 28, 2017 7:15 PM MST

Now let's make that picture happen.
      February 28, 2017 7:47 PM MST

• You know what I did when they were little?
    I would take them out every now and then, just one of them and I.
    I'd tell whomever was with me that day, that he was my favorite and that he or she needed to be nice to his her siblings.
    I think it was my daughter who caught on to my trick and called me out on it. I still say it but they laugh at it now.
    It's sad that you felt like nobody's favorite.
    If you were my son, you'd be my favorite. )
    Thanks WW. 
      March 1, 2017 7:22 AM MST

• That's what she said.
      March 1, 2017 2:07 PM MST

You're my favorite child.  I'll adopt you.
      March 1, 2017 7:55 AM MST

We love you WW.  I'll adopt you too.  
      March 1, 2017 12:49 PM MST