Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Apart from the alarm clock, what sound are you likely to hear on first waking? What would you like to hear?

Apart from the alarm clock, what sound are you likely to hear on first waking? What would you like to hear?

For me it's often the sound of a kookaburra laughing; sometimes there are several calling to each other. 

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

• True story: I once went to sleep on the train going to work and was wakened by somebody snoring. I looked around to see who it was and everybody was looking at ME. I can only assume that there was a ventriloquist in the carriage.
      March 3, 2017 1:17 PM MST

Hahahahahahaha!  Highlight this one!!  Even if it's not true, it will fit perfectly in your book.  You could write a whole chapter/short story on this mere scenario.  You crack me up! 
    And, I believe you! This post was edited by Merlin at March 3, 2017 1:46 PM MST
      March 3, 2017 1:37 PM MST

• It's true, all right. My snoring is atrocious. I actually know a cure for snoring but if I posted it JA would be forced to delete it. She might even delete my account. :( 
      March 3, 2017 1:47 PM MST

I see how you are!  Enticing me with thoughts beyond my wildest imagination is just like a fine feather blowing, non-snoring man might bestow.
    I wouldn't be so concerned about your account being deleted.  I'd be more concerned with that fact you actually know how to do it!! My goodness dear Didge, what would your peers say?  You seem like such a cavalier man with dancing toes and personality to carry you through any show.  What is it that you know?  

This post was edited by Merlin at March 3, 2017 2:29 PM MST
      March 3, 2017 2:16 PM MST

Just so you know, I have to run to the store to get dinner stuff.  But, I will be back before my 'Date at 8.'  Remember that Didge?!  It still holds true.  One of the many secrets to keeping a healthy and happy marriage.   See ya soon! :) :)
      March 3, 2017 2:29 PM MST

• I PMd you. You should have it now. 
      March 3, 2017 2:29 PM MST

My apartment is 7th floor facing the alley where there are 14 dumpster bins in this block so I usually hear trucks doing pick up when I turn on my hearing aid. The rest of the time it's crack heads , junkies and binners making a racket. Does not often bother me, i'm kind of used to it.
    I would prefer the sound of just about any kind of birds.though .
      March 3, 2017 12:24 PM MST

• Doesn't sound like fun. Thank goodness for the hearing aid. 
      March 3, 2017 1:18 PM MST

Rain or neighbors talking and laughing while having a cup of coffee on their front terraces unless I wake very early.  
      March 6, 2017 9:35 AM MST