Discussion » Questions » Emotions » I am a passionate person. I tend to save my passions for things that matter. Are you passionate? What are you passionate about?

I am a passionate person. I tend to save my passions for things that matter. Are you passionate? What are you passionate about?

Among my *many* passions I have here are just a few..  environment, particularly conservation/wildlife, I am very anti child-abuse/animal abuse/abuse of women.  I am passionate about education especially education of those who have specific learning difficulties like ADHD, Dyspraxia, Dyselexia etc.  
I have other passions of course :P

And you?

Posted - March 5, 2017

Responses

OooOooh...good question DTD.

I would describe myself as also a passionate type personality.  If I believe in something or some cause, I will do so with great emotion.

I have passion for those without a voice like animals, little children, the abused, the elderly, mentally and physically ill persons, the poor, and anyone else in society that don't have the same access to basic human comforts by no fault of their own.
      March 5, 2017 12:38 PM MST

• Always very cool to find like-minded people on here - people who care about those who have no voice - that's kinda my motivation.. I am quiet and kind but there's something in me that hate's injustice and this little voice inside me makes me stand up and say something. 
      March 5, 2017 12:42 PM MST

I struggle a lot with seeing how cruel the world can be.  It especially breaks my heart to see it played out on someone or something completely helpless.  

I try not to dwell on it, but when I come across it first hand, I tend to be quite vocal about it.  I spent way too many years not speaking up and speaking out.
      March 5, 2017 12:49 PM MST

• I'm passionate about indifference.
      March 5, 2017 4:04 PM MST

• I passionately like to be left alone and passionately mind my own business.
      March 5, 2017 6:13 PM MST

I can only be but so passionate on the internet. So far, it's manifested itself physically with WingedWonder.
      March 5, 2017 6:17 PM MST

I could just hug you so tight.

This post was edited by Zack at March 6, 2017 7:56 PM MST
      March 6, 2017 11:49 AM MST

• Hi DTD,

It would be easy to put-down what I am going to say...
    But for me, no not passionate, the focus of my attention is not really on the causes...
    Over all these millennia, and THIS is the best we have been able to do?...the twentieth century, the bloodiest in all history?

I want to know what is REALLY going on...I don't want to be 'seduced,' if you will, to siphon off all my energy into such a bad track record...why am I here, really?

The Sufis say this Earth is a caravanserai and not our real home, we are just passing through.
    And I am not going to become all entangled here.

My own track record dates back to 1967 and working with the Black Panthers; but I do good works because the world needs all of us, we are responsible and accountable to each other - and not because I have any passion about it.
      March 5, 2017 8:13 PM MST

i try to be
      March 6, 2017 10:00 AM MST