Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ronald Reagan inspired HOPE. Donald J. Trump inspires FEAR. Which of those do you hold most dear? Why?

Ronald Reagan inspired HOPE. Donald J. Trump inspires FEAR. Which of those do you hold most dear? Why?

Posted - March 28, 2017

Responses

LOL. Speak for yourself. He fills me with nothing but hope. 

He fills YOU with fear because you know he's going to take western civilization back and there is nothing you can do about it.
      March 28, 2017 12:22 PM MDT

• So the US is now a dictatorship, is that what you're saying, if there's nothing anyone can do about it. By definition.
      March 28, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

I didn't say there was nothing anyone could do. I said there was nothing Rosie could do.

Rosie is a far left blue state dweller. Her vote counts for nothing. She can try to influence others though it will do no good. Trump is far more popular than the mainstream media will admit.

The only threat to Trump is the establishment. They might assassinate him. They might deliberately crash the economy and blame it on him. He can't lose a fair fight.

The left have always just been pawns of the mega-corporate cartel that is the real power in the world. The left just doesn't count. The fight is, has been, and always will be, between real free market capitalists like Trump and the corporate establishment, who want to rig the market for themselves. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 30, 2017 6:44 AM MDT
      March 29, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

SIGH.
      April 3, 2017 8:10 AM MDT

He'll take Western civilisation back - to the Dark Ages. Trump doesn't understand the limitations of the office of POTUS, he thinks he was elected dictator and behaves like a petulant spoiled brat whenever anybody tells him "no".
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Right now the only difference between Trump and Hitler is the moustache. When he starts gassing Muslims, don't say I didn't warn you. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 1, 2017 1:46 PM MDT
      March 28, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

Paranoid nonsense. Trump has done nothing to suggest he has any intention of persecuting anyone, let alone committing mass genocide.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 30, 2017 6:44 AM MDT
      March 29, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

He's ALREADY STARTED "persecuting anyone". If you're from one of seven nations (not ONE citizen of which has committed an act of terrorism on American soil), you can't come in - even if you're a green card holder and have lived in the US for a decade or more. If the Supremes hadn't shut that one down, his EO would have prevented hundreds of people from coming home.
      April 2, 2017 1:15 AM MDT

That's not persecution because they're have no right to be in the U.S.. Letting them in is generous. It's granting them a privilege. They aren't entitled to it.

The entire purpose of borders is to deny people the privilege of entry at the nation's discretion. It's just normal behavior for any sovereign nation. 

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at April 2, 2017 1:29 AM MDT
      April 2, 2017 1:28 AM MDT

Green card holders DO have a right to be in the US, that's what the goddamned piece of plastic is FOR. Most of them have families there, but for the Supreme Court hundreds of children would have cried themselves to sleep because "the President won't let Daddy come home."
    That's the human face of persecution. Not illegals, not fresh immigrants, these are folks with the right to live and work in the US granted to them legally. They leave the country on business, or to visit a dying relative etc and are denied the right to return.
    However, citizens of Saudi Arabia are not banned (9/11 was perpetrated by Saudis). Citizens of Russia are not banned (Boston Marathon bombings). Trump does business there (emoluments by definition, so his Presidency is unconstitutional as well).
      April 2, 2017 7:29 PM MDT

LOL back This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at March 28, 2017 4:13 PM MDT
      March 28, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

Once again you are wrong! At least you are consistent. I am a Progressive Liberal Dem who lives in California. I suffered through Governor Reagan's reign and he singlehandedly gutted public education in my state. When he went on to become prez I was not a fan then either. As for Trump he is an international joke who inspires fear because of his loose cannon looney tuney nature. He is the opposite of George Washington. Doofus Donny cannot tell the truth. This question is for Republicans. You did not answer it unless you want me to assume you prefer Doofus Donny over charming Ronnie. Do you? Thank you for your reply TZ and Happy Wednesday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 6, 2017 12:41 AM MDT
      March 29, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

Trump is without question the greatest president in living memory.

Ronnie was a good man but he didn't have the balls to really take on the establishment. They shot him to teach him a lesson and after that he did their bidding like a little b**ch. This post was edited by Just Asking at March 29, 2017 3:25 PM MDT
      March 29, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

You are serious? You truly believe that Trump is the greatest president in living memory TZ? He has only been on the job a couple of months! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday!   To which "they" do you refer?  Your answer is certainly replete with certitude.  Different strokes! :)
      March 30, 2017 6:35 AM MDT

By "they" I mean the establishment (the cartel of private banks and mega corporations that are the real power the world). They undermine democracy by manipulating media, campaign funding and occasionally by assassination.

They'd prefer not to kill Trump because it would make him a martyr to the right wing and could backfire badly. Though they're getting increasingly desperate and I'm very worried about Trump's safety. 

Trump has already achieved more in 2 months than any recent president. Simply having the guts of go against the interests of the establishment shows incredible courage and it emboldens others to do the same. He immortalized himself just by destroying the TPP.

They're going to go after him and everyone associated with him. They'll probably try to kill him and they may well target his family too, just to send a message. People don't realize how high the stakes are. These people are pure evil. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at April 3, 2017 8:02 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

• Oh yes to think that a corporate mogul like Trump is anything but anti-corporations is insane.   

Sanders was against the TPP and had actual ideas to wrangle corporations.  Besides what the hell are you even talking about?   You're the one who a week ago was talking about how corporations deserve the same rights as people.
      April 1, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

I presume you meant pro-corporations

It's not about being pro corporations or anti corporations. It's about being pro free market vs anti free market.

Real capitalists like Trump want fair competition in an open free market. The mega corporate crony capitalists want a controlled market so they can destroy their competition and get a monopoly.

There is weird alliance between the crony capitalists and the left. They both want to destroy free markets. The left are just too naive to see they're being used and will never get what they want. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at April 1, 2017 9:28 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

• Corporations aren't created by the government in a true free-market.  Corporations are created by government to create unfair advantages.
    You mention Washington, well  he would be disgusted how we allowed the corporations to be considered people.   The founding Fathers were highly anti-corporations and their existence as "people' is about Un-American as it gets. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 6, 2017 12:42 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

A lot of people 
      April 1, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

• That is a meaningless response no matter how many times you repost it.
      April 1, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

Sorry. Don't know what happened there. My browser just went insane and posted that fragment loads of times.

I was going to say that a lot of people recognize that corporations are a threat to liberty and I'm one of them. I just can't see a way for the modern world to function without them. We have to devise some way of harnessing corporations for the wealth they produce and prevent them getting out of the line.
      April 1, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

You recognized the "private banks and mega corps" as being "the real power of the world" above.  And you recognize that "corporations are a threat to liberty".  And then you go on to say we cannot do without them, need to harness them and rein them in?  That would be like the horse riding the man.  It doesn't work that way.  Either the horse is ridden and directed by the man or the horse does as it chooses, which ultimately leads to the man losing his position atop the horse.  Currently we are well-ridden and reined by the bankers and corporate powers.  

Trump may not be an establishment insider, but he is still a corporatist.  You recognize the alliance among the corporatists and the left, but there is a third party to that alliance...the right.  Politicians on both sides, and with very, very few exceptions, are doing their corporate masters bidding.  

Trump may not be beholden to the corporate powers, but his interests and beliefs are in line with theirs.  You think he is a truly a free-market capitalist, but true free-market capitalism does not include corporations or special corporate rights or protections.  

Trump's election was an anomaly not because he represents the average American, but just because he wasn't one of the preferred puppets put forth for us to "choose" between.  Rosie thinks he's the worst president ever and you think he's the greatest...he's only been in office a little over two months, so neither view has any firm basis.  
      April 1, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

Of course those who disagree with you believe exactly the opposite. That Trump represents the evil sent by Russian or whomever to take America down. Different  strokes. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I disagree with thee but so what, right? :)
      April 3, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

• Hope is better than fear but I hate both of those people.
      March 28, 2017 3:32 PM MDT

I don't hate them  DWF. Let's just say I am a HUGE UNFAN of both of them. Thank you for your reply. I totally agree that hope is better than fear m'dear! Any day of the week/month/year!! Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 29, 2017 4:11 AM MDT