Active Now

Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If Trump builds his US/ Mexico wall on our side of the Guadalupe Rivier, will the river belong to Mexico?

If Trump builds his US/ Mexico wall on our side of the Guadalupe Rivier, will the river belong to Mexico?

I listen to Texas news on the radio. The news about the wall say Trump is going to use eminent domain to take American's property to build the wal, so it will be built on IS property. Of course, the government has to pay property owners for the land. However, I see photos of Americans using the river for canoeing and fishing. If there is a wall there, it will be difficult to take your canoe over the wall. In some cases, like in the Big Bend National Park, it will be impossible. This wall seems like a "loser" for the US. Besides, sometimes, the river changes course. 

Posted - March 28, 2017

Responses

• Yes.   It's just like building a property fence.  The builder of the fence is most often required to build 6-12 inches from the property line.   That essentially means you gave your neighbor 6-12 inches of extra property that you are taxed on.
    The changing of the river course hints towards another problem.   River banks often change and if something is built to close to a river bank there's the risk of the structure having it's ground footing washed away. 
      March 28, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

@Glis, nice answer! Thanks! :-)
      March 28, 2017 8:26 PM MDT

• Oh you're welcome Marguerite.
      March 28, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

maybe
      March 28, 2017 1:51 PM MDT

His Royal Orangeness also hasn't considered the farmers who depend on the river for irrigation. Take the water and there goes their livelihood.
      March 28, 2017 3:33 PM MDT

Oooooh! Plus there are gas lines going over the river. I wonder if he knows! 
      March 28, 2017 8:28 PM MDT

This wall will NEVER be built. Costs have already escalated to the 30 BILLION dollar range and no Congressman/woman in his or her right mind will vote for it.

Trump has it in his budget for 998 million dollars. The man's a nutcase and more and more people are beginning to realize it.
      March 28, 2017 4:00 PM MDT