Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Did your parents read bedtimes stories to you as a kid? If so, what?

Did your parents read bedtimes stories to you as a kid? If so, what?

Posted - March 31, 2017

Responses

no, they never did, we came from south america when i was 7, they probably had a hard time learning english
      April 3, 2017 2:47 PM MDT

• My mother would read from bedtime story books, but my father would make up his own. I found his tales most intriguing and often asked him to repeat my favourite ones. Those repeats were the most fun as they came out differently each time. 
    We "play" this little game sometimes even now (not often, though) when I sleep over at their place, and we both have a great time, with my mother putting in her own twopence worth, and my father playfully shooing her away for interfering in his narrative. 
      August 18, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

Yes.

And my older brother and older sister often read to me, too. I love my brother and sister immensely. I'm very fortunate.

I remember liking "Are You My Mother?' a lot.

:)

March 26, 2019 6:38 PM MDT

Yes my mother.  My father a few times.  She read me The Ugly Duckling over and over. Eventually I got that was supposed to be me.  And when I didn't mature into a swan she blamed herself as well as me.  After that we were never close and I missed that closeness.  
      March 26, 2019 7:52 PM MDT