Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Family » If you had to take on the whole world in order to fight for and defend your child, would you do so?

If you had to take on the whole world in order to fight for and defend your child, would you do so?

Posted - March 31, 2017

Responses

If I had any kids, you betcha.
      March 31, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

• We'd all like to think so but wouldn't it depend on WHY we had to defeind our child from the whole world?

Would Jeffrey Dahmer's parents be justified in defending him? Or Ted Bundy's mom and dad? And how would Mrs Hitler feel about defending little Adolf?
      March 31, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

Hi Didge, yes, absolutely you made some valid point.. it would depend on why.. re little Hitler.. i take a kinder view for when he was a child.. did he do anything wrong then?  Most children who do wrong need help and support.. so if I were mrs Hitler... and he showed worrying signs as a child I would have sought help... that may have prevented what happened. 
      April 1, 2017 5:50 AM MDT

• That's a kind thought, Daydream. Of course, Hitler's childhood was before Freud, Jung and Adler set the ball rolling for modern psychology so there may not have been much help available. Maybe sher should have just drowned him. :)
      April 1, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

• You ever read or see the interviews with Hitler's sister?  He treated terribly but she had a lot of love for him as her brother.   Her story and how she felt about him through it was very, very sad.   When asked how she could sympathise and forgive him her only response was " He was my brother."  :(
      April 1, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

• No I haven't. That would be very interesting to see. She was clearly a much kinder soul than I am. 
      April 1, 2017 12:06 PM MDT

• If i had one no doubt.
    It's similar to the old adage " He ain't always right, but he's always my brother."
      March 31, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

My boys are pretty tuff so they would probably save them self's but if they couldn't I'd call up my Irish Ninja buddy and go save them. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      March 31, 2017 6:37 PM MDT

• It's nature to defend our offspring. Animal mothers will die defending their babies and so would I. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 1, 2017 6:22 AM MDT
      March 31, 2017 10:17 PM MDT

i would if i had kids but i dont
      April 2, 2017 5:56 PM MDT