Active Now

Pet Eater
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Does this mean anything from a guy?

Does this mean anything from a guy?

Recently I was in a pizza shop and was eating my dinner, solo. I noticed a cute guy behind the counter, cooking there. As I was finishing up my dinner, he came out to the seating area and brought a wrap to eat, it was slow there,  for his break.He got a seat nearby to me, and seemed nervous, Getting up a few times /pacing to say something to the cashier ....ate his meal within 5 mins and threw rest away. I am shy so I kind of still looked down/finishing my meal. A few mins after he was done, he came back out to where I was, where there is a t.v. right above the table next to me... He reached up to turn it toward me (I was the only one there now) and looked at me, quizzically/questioning - like if that was good or better... I said, 'oh thank you , that is great..' And he replied "I wasn't sure if it could be seen" (it definitely was fine how it was).. then a min. or two later, he wen toward the back again, and I had to go anyway. I think, Geez I am probably really overestimating what it was, but it felt a little, like he wanted to talk/say hi, but didn't... did this show anything if a guy makes any gesture or was he simply being kind? I think he was cute, and I might go in again soon Lol.

Posted - April 2, 2017

Responses

That could mean anything. Go back again. And again. And again. Until you know. ;)

BTW, I met my ex in the drive-through. He came through the DT every day for months before I kept his food and told him he couldn't have it until he came in and talked to me. lol Worst. Mistake. Ever. But, it did land me a husband. Haha.
      April 2, 2017 8:00 PM MDT

Wow I'm so glad it worked out :) That is awesome. I couldn't 'show' him I'm interested, or wondering if he was lol.. I'm SO shy. :./  I long to date but I fear it. I just wasn't 'sure' if maybe he was trying to talk or say hi, since no one else was there, and he was turning it for me sitting there. Again it could have been he was just being kind, I wish I knew lol.  I may go in again soon but wouldn't have the guts to say hi .. maybe smile though :)
      April 2, 2017 9:38 PM MDT

He came everyday? wow!! Such a cool story..
      April 2, 2017 9:48 PM MDT

Sorry.. just re read that and it said 'ex' ; *huggg. I'm sorry JA.  Ty for the confidence boost though :)
      April 2, 2017 9:58 PM MDT

No worries. The ending doesn't matter so much as the beginning. My only point was that you can't always tell and you may not be able to tell until one of you puts yourself out there. No matter how that relationship ended, the courtship was kind of beautiful. I was only a teenager and working fast food. He skipped a couple of other restaurants that were the same as mine and blew 30+ minutes of his lunch break every day for months, just to spend a few minutes in the drive-through. That was pretty sweet, but, at the time, I had no way of knowing that he was going out of his way to see me. You just never know until you do. Thank you for reminding me of that. :)
      April 3, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

• I agree with JA... Explore the possibilities and good luck... Don't forget your compass!
      April 2, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

Go back. Ask for his name, and leave him a note
      April 2, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

Oh goodness, I couldn't lol. I'm too shy. I might go in again soon this  month, but could never ask for him... I'm so afraid to date even, and am trying to overcome that..it's just he was cute and I felt such a kindness toward him that he showed concern , even if it was just a tv :) I guess he could have been just being nice?
      April 2, 2017 9:36 PM MDT

Maybe he was just being nice, but you know what?; you can do something nice for him, too. Write a note about him for his manager to read. It doesn't have to be a long one. Tell him about what happened, mention his politeness and how you appreciated his courtesy. It will get back to him, and it will make him feel good. I even bet he will remember you also. :) 
      April 3, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

That is a good idea :) I would be so so nervous to do it though LOL. It's like I 'want' to show him I thought he was cute /nice, yet b/c I have so little experience with dating or relationships I don't want to lead him on- I just want to chat or say hi or who knows, down the road friendship or then more, but I feel if I initiate anything he might think I'm more than I am :/  I will think about it though b/c he was just too cute adjusting it for me, when I could clearly already see it.  Ty for this idea Righty :)
      April 3, 2017 9:06 PM MDT

sounds like he likes you
      April 2, 2017 9:41 PM MDT

Do u think?? I thought, nobody ever shows interest in me .. they used to when I went to bars, but I haven't been to a bar in months. Then I thought well he must be just moving the t.v. anyway... but wished inside it was that he was trying to say hi (even though THAT makes me nervous Lol. )
      April 2, 2017 9:47 PM MDT

• Overcome your shyness and go back again.  It's a restaurant and you're going there to eat there's nothing to be embarrassed about.  If he's interested then he'll make an excuse again to come and talk to you, if he's busy then just smile and nod when you're leaving, wait a week or so then go back again.  Lots of restaurants have regular customers so if he's just being nice he won't think anything about you returning.
      April 2, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

Thanks Yoga.... I have a LOT of shyness actually. As in I don't even date b/c of it. :(  (when I do want to)... It's strange I always think people or guys will feel what 'I' am; my nervousness...but he could just think oh she's ordering ... LOL. It's so hard to read if he was interested or not, b/c I was the only one there seated, so he was turning it 'for' me, but yet it could just be to be nice. You are right, only way I might know would be to go again soon and see...  I'll have to try for the same time Lol. Ty again *hugg
      April 2, 2017 9:53 PM MDT

It could be that he was attracted to you but just a little shy himself. I'd say go back in and see what happens. If he approaches you again, smile and start up a conversation with him.
      April 2, 2017 10:02 PM MDT

Thanks PC- it was apparent that he seemed 'nervous'... He was pacing near me, ate in only 5 mins... and when he turned the t.v. toward me (I was the only one in place n ow) that's when I thought, 'aww, that was so kind'. I simply said 'thank you, that is great' or soemthing, and he said oh ok wasn't sure if it could be seen (it was surely seen before he turned it)... I just feel so awkward going back!! lol. I never initiate with men, b/c I feel less and am so nervous to date :( But I thought he was so cute, and I really do want to go back lol. Ty P ....
      April 2, 2017 10:18 PM MDT

Also not to mention what if he really was just being kind? If he paid no mind to me if I returned, I'd feel so low.. I guess I will try though soon.... I wish flirting or guys were simple LOL.
      April 2, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

• I agree with the others. He seems to like you or is attracted to you. I'd say to leave him a note or talk to him. At the very least, you'll have a new friend. :)
      April 2, 2017 11:35 PM MDT

Ty Stormy :) It's strange b/c I 'want' to believe he was maybe trying to talk/say hi to me etc, but he COULD have just been trying to be nice. It's so hard to tell ughh lol. I'd feel so deflated if I went back and he barely looked at me haha. But then again I'm not searching 'dating' , I've been so fearful of dating , thinking men will ditch me b/c I'm not confident. I'm working at eliminating that from my mind- but I liked him, and now I feel so nervous to go back LOL.  Ty again, I appreciate your view, and yes perhaps we could even be friends some time...
      April 3, 2017 9:12 AM MDT

I believe that eye contact gives you more than you need to know, the rest is in your hand. see where it goes. 
      April 2, 2017 11:46 PM MDT

Don't wait a month to go back.  Become a regular, once or twice a week.  Pick the same time or a time when you know there will be very few customers.  I know this is difficult when you are shy but this isn't that big a stretch to do -- when you make eye contact with him, just give him a smile and say "hi." You can drop the eye contact if you are uncomfortable but try to make the initial one.  You don't have to feel you need to make more conversation.  Just keep doing that every time you go in.  If he is shy too, you are giving him a clear signal that you interested and he might start to join you for lunch or might start making small talk with you.  Let him do the talking.  You might also want to prepare some questions for him in your head prior to going in so you have something that will be an icebreaker or something to contribute to the conversation. "Have you worked here long?"  "Do you like it?"  If he doesn't, ask him what he would prefer to do.  "Are you from here or somewhere else?"  If he's from somewhere else, ask him where.  If he is from your town or from somewhere else you can ask him what he likes and dislikes about the town.  Ask him if he has any hobbies.  Get him talking and then come up with follow up questions.  Guys like it when girls are interested in what they think and do.    
      April 3, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

Thanks Harry, I really enjoyed your reply. :) I am VERY shy, so even saying 'hi' will make me feel nervous lol.. Mainly b/c I often feel I'm not girlfirend 'material'.. I went through so many years of abuse that I feel less than others, and I feel men will sense that and see how 'un' confident I am :(  But I thought he was cute, and he was nice to make a kind gesture with the t.v. Maybe he was being just kind though?? Like it wasn't a flirty/interested in me move? I don't know. But the questions you posed were GREAT!!! If I get the courage to at least go back soon, and then IF we talked, I'd def. remember some of these questions. Thanks... I totally get too that questions make someone feel good, I like doing that :) Women also love it, and feel the guy is into her, or cares... I thank you again Harry !!
      April 3, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

Just think about the smile and saying "hi."  If you can, practice making eye contact, smiling, & saying "hi" in a mirror, imagining he is in front of you. It can help to build your confidence.  I am not suggesting you walk up to the guy boldly and flash your pearly whites.  If you happen to make eye contact, just give him a little smile before you break eye contact, so he knows you have noticed him.  If you feel like saying a quiet "hi" then do it.  If not, no big deal.  But, try to at least make short eye contact and a little smile. :-)
      April 3, 2017 9:20 AM MDT

Ty Harry :) I will try that... you don't think I've comletely overestimated this though? Of him being near me, seeming nervous /pacing, and then moving the t.v. for me /toward me? I feel like geesh maybe he was just being nice to me for a moment.
      April 3, 2017 9:41 AM MDT