Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Fixing a problem diplomatically/buying bullets? Which one rocks?

Fixing a problem diplomatically/buying bullets? Which one rocks?

Posted - April 19, 2017

Responses

Hello Rosie:

In the main, right wingers believe the earth is over populated and it's gonna kill us all..  To THEM, war would be the most cost effective way of saving humanity. 

Then there are some who think that's poppycock.

goody This post was edited by excon at April 19, 2017 12:10 PM MDT
      April 19, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

• Actually Earth overpopulation is espoused by Left wingers more often than right wingers.  Just sayin.
      April 19, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

I have read in times past that wars are the best way to weed out the population so it won't get out of hand. I think that's poppycock but then just as I am not a gun person, I am not a war person so of course I would thik that!. Somewhere it is written on a Stone that the ideal population of the earth should be 500,000. I think that's the right number. So because we're over 7 billion and counting I"m guessing we dropped the ball bigly. We shouldda been/couldda been fighting wars continuously since forever. Maybe it's time for another  Black Plague in concert with two crazy roly poly "heads of state" to start WW3! That should thin things out considerably. Thank you for your reply goody and Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 19, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

• As a pro-gun leftist...I'll take a box of ammo because:

A) Diplomacy is a failure and unreasonable
    B) Even if you can solve a problem diplomatically, vermin will still crawl out of their holes and try to kill you
    C) People should should not be so gullible to think that the world will unite through peace, harmony, and understanding

April 19, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

I'm no match for you kiddo. I am anti everything you are pro as stated in this response. Oh. So what, right? I am NOT a gun person. I am NOT a war person. SIGH. Thank you for your reply JG.
      April 19, 2017 12:16 PM MDT

• If you ever want to have a happy medium, you have to have extremists on both sides. I'm tired of liberal pacifism. It's a failure and it's weak.  The hard-right and and their fascist brethren do not respect weakness. I am for intelligent gun control, but people must be able to protect themselves against these scum.  Guns are not the enemy, people who use them to to deny human rights in the disguise of freedom like the brain-dead cucks who put that petite-fingered loon in office and think dropping bombs or threatening other countries for sh!ts and giggles are. That is their mindset. You cannot reason or educate them.  The Allies took down Nazism at the barrel of a gun. How can anyone think that this new breed of conservatism and the putrid forces behind them can be beaten with kind words and reasoning?
    If you don't like guns, that is your prerogative. I do understand. 
      April 19, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

I gather from that you are not a fan of Gandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr. They were not your cuppa tea. Passive resistance would not be your MO. For starters I'm a shy introverted loner who is female and old. I used to be painfully shy. I do believe war is a gender-specific thing. Of course some women are very macho and war-like and that is fine with me. I am not them. Women are mothers and mothers know that wars kill children and other living things. It is ingrained in us with those exceptions that are always there. I believe women would far rather have peace than war. I can't say that about men. Some seem to look for fights and confrontations to show that they are brave and daring and unafraid. Women don't have the same need. We don't compare body parts to see whose is bigger. We don't care. I have never been in a war. I have never had a gun pointed at me. I have never been in a physical fight with anyone in my entire life. I guess you might say I was sheltered from such things. I am a product of my environment just as you are . We end up being exactly whom we are supposed to be I think.  If you can figure out my point then good. If not, apologies to thee JG for wasting your time! Thank you for your additional comments. This post was edited by RosieG at April 19, 2017 12:47 PM MDT
      April 19, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

• Rosie...I agree with most of what you say...I'm just of that ilk that's a bit more militant and cynical when it comes towards dealing with the filth on the right. They are cancer
      April 19, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

I really think gender is a major part of the difference JG. I mean from ancient times men went out to kill the food and protect the family and women stayed home to cook it and take care of the kids. Now of course many women have changed since those times but some of us? Not so much! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      April 20, 2017 4:28 AM MDT

The best way to fix a problem is to act quickly. Same if you had a domestic problem at home, or a personal financial issue. The point is. Whatever the problem, you don't want it to drag out. Get it over with as easy as possible. Come out on top. Look at the way Tyson Fury dealt with Dr Steelhammer, Wladimir Klitschkho, who was unbeaten heavyweight champ in 11 years. Deal with the problems head-on. 

April 19, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply righty and the very nifty graphic. Happy Thursday!  :) I like to face up to whatever it might be immediately. I'm not good at looking over my shoulder to see what might be overtaking me! :)
      April 20, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

dont sound like any of them do
      April 19, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

Are not the manafactures of arms and munitions equally guilty of murder as those that pull the trigger or press the fire button.......equally those that follow orders blindly are just as much to blame....
      April 20, 2017 5:18 AM MDT