Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What do people never seem to understand about you?

What do people never seem to understand about you?

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

• That my being quiet is not a defect. 
      April 28, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

My family thinks that it's a defect in my personality as well.
      April 28, 2017 8:10 PM MDT

life experiences, being an introvert, thoughts and feelings. pretty much everything.
      April 28, 2017 10:07 PM MDT

• That because I'm a quiet person doesn't mean I can't be assertive.
      April 28, 2017 10:36 PM MDT

On here? Everything... for some reason there seem to be subtle language differences or slight cultural shifts so things I say get taken the wrong way... or perhaps that's more just that online we don't have intonation and facial expression to qualify and inform people about how we mean things..  

In real life... I am pretty good at conveying how I am and people seem to get that :) The only issue I sometimes have is that because I am so nice, and pretty accommodating, some people mistake that and think they can walk all over me... not so as they soon find out... this pussy cat has claws when you piss her off :P 
      April 29, 2017 1:14 AM MDT

Anything I don't want them to...which is almost everything. Especially that I don't care about their petty little problems that have nothing to do with me.
      April 29, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

everything
      May 1, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Very little of importance, I think.

I communicate fairly well and I can convey what I'd like people to understand about me when I deem it necessary.
    At other times, it does not matter to me to have others understand things about me.

And there are always some people who understand me very quickly and get me right off the bat. I do tend to wear myself on my sleeve.

:)

May 17, 2017 8:54 PM MDT

I don't know about a lot of people, but one of my friends says that when I talk, I'm all over the place. It's true. I tell her it's because I relate one thing to another, and there are a lot of things. I think it's because I'm such a puzzle person. She gets lost in the conversation. I tell her that there is a point I'm trying to make. Personally, I think she has too much to do that she can't her attention focused. Oh, well...
      May 17, 2017 10:53 PM MDT