Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You awaken tomorrow and you are exactly the same color as everyone else in the entire world. How could that affect you? Why?

You awaken tomorrow and you are exactly the same color as everyone else in the entire world. How could that affect you? Why?

Posted - April 29, 2017

Responses

Shades lighter and shades darker is all it takes to bring us back to where we are now. In a blue world the light blue and the dark blue would fight over who is true blue and so there you have it. The human condition to always be at odds with one another. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 2, 2017 5:29 AM MDT
      April 29, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

There was a "Twilight Zone" episode years ago about that very thing. One group of folks was white on the right side and black on the left side of their bodies. The "enemy" group was black on the right side of their bodies and white on the left. Exactly the same except flipped. So I know what you say is unequivocally true. I have also heard that among blacks lighter skin is more favored than darker skin. It's always something isn't it O? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesda! :)
      May 2, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

I have to agree with O on this one... my daughter read a book about a colony that went off into space...some were placed in stasis, the scientists etc.. the rest manned the ship they traveled thousands of years and over the years everyone became the same light coffee colour... but the problem was they evolved their own prejudice... anyone who was different was not to be trusted....so i guess I am saying... because they were the same... they noticed evern the slightest differences
      April 29, 2017 9:55 AM MDT

Precisely Addb. Please see my reply to O. It will always be so. Sadly. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :)
      May 2, 2017 5:33 AM MDT

I don't think it would effect me unless the color that everybody was is purple. I wear a lot of green clothing and the green clothing would clash with my  purple skin so I would  be too embarrassed to go anywhere nice. Cheers and happy weekend!

April 29, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

I dislike most the color chartreuse. It would be just my luck waking up to being green. No matter where I looked I'd see the color. I couldn't escape it. So I sure hope that isn't in my future!  Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      May 2, 2017 5:35 AM MDT

Well it would have to be a colour like Turquoise or otherwise what would happen is those with a history of being that colour would then still be dominant. You can put fake tan on, or white make up but it doesn't change your history or culture.

What would I do? I'd laugh, but it wouldn't change any ingrained beliefs and cultural upbringing. People will still have those and their preferences.  Do you think rich corrupt people in government are going to give up their position because they are the same colour as everyone else? There is a large divide between rich and poor, and healthy and sick.

April 30, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

I know what you say is absolutely true PepperP. There would always be some small difference and it would be that to which people would cling to feel superior. The human condition. Sad ain't it? Thank you for your thoughtful analysis. I like Turqoise a lot personally. I dislike chartreuse a lot and as I said in a response to another Answermugger it would be just my luck that everyone including me would be chartreuse! AARRGGHH! Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      May 2, 2017 5:37 AM MDT

i dont really care what color i am or what color everyone else is
      May 1, 2017 4:49 PM MDT