Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Have you accepted the lord Jesus Christ as your savior?

Have you accepted the lord Jesus Christ as your savior?

Posted - May 2, 2017

Responses

• No, sorry but I'm not a christian. I don't believe in any of that stuff. Not being mean, just truthful.
      May 2, 2017 7:17 AM MDT

• No apologies necessary. Just asking :)
      May 2, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

• As I said on another question, I believe in the old Bushido code.
      May 2, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

Thank you for sharing that.
      May 2, 2017 11:33 AM MDT

Agreed.
    :)
      May 2, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

I post a "ditto" on Thriftymaid's answer.

(And your concluding sentence of your answer, like your name, is wondrous.)
      May 2, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

Yes, as wondrous as your second-to-the-last sentence is, I indeed meant that the SpongeBob Squarepants sentence is wondrous!

You're more than welcome for any and all of my interactions and sharings with you! 

Thanks you so much for being so kind to me! I am humbled in a great way. (if that makes any sense -- seems to be possibly a paradox maybe, ha!) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 2, 2017 11:53 PM MDT
      May 2, 2017 3:44 PM MDT

May 2, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

No I think human sacrifice to appease the gods or to assure the sun will rise in the morning or as atonement for sins or whatever is cruel,  barbaric and un Godly as well as ineffective to accomplish anything.

If people still believe human sacrifice as valid, maybe sacrifice Trump as atonement for sins of the Republican powers-that-be.  This post was edited by Kittigate at May 2, 2017 11:53 PM MDT
      May 2, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

as with 'he died for your sins', I'v ALWAYS had trouble with 'accepting' him....what the heck does that mean, actually?

I was raised catholic and hated it.......I despise organized 'religion' but am not an Atheist......but I DO respect their viewpoints and they sure do manage to get off a lot of zingers against religion, which I thoroughly enjoy!!!!!

my dad taught us to always follow the Golden Rule....he said his church was the outdoors; he was a farmboy who later started a small grocery store........when people asked him what church he went to, he always said,'the great outdoor congregation'......

so that' where I got my 'attitude' towards religion.....my older brother? he took after my mom, church every sunday, etc.....

his wife's a DEVOUT catholic and rather upset that not ONE of her 3 kids is catholic.........just religious in general, but not avid churchgoers...........

and so it goes round and round, huh??????????????

anyway, I still draw a big ? with 'accepting him'............oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      May 2, 2017 8:27 AM MDT

A person who has been raised Catholic has a lot of obstacles to overcome, in order to become Christian, however, every one who has made it, looks back on the Catholic religion with disgust. Maybe if you read the word, from the King James Bible or the NKJ, starting at the book of John and moving forward from there, and praying before you start, that God would open the eyes of your understanding, so that you can truly understand what you are reading , and asking him to help you , I believe he will do just that, and I look forward to your testimony.
    accepting him, to me, simply means to open your heart and allow him entrance into your uttermost being, Then he will begin the process of teaching you his ways, thru his word and thru life experiences. I promise you it will be more than worth the effort to do so. Father, I pray that you will draw Ben to yourself, and open the eyes of his understanding, that he may experience the glory that is you. Amen.
      May 5, 2017 4:17 PM MDT

Yes, I have.
      May 2, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

• Symbolic Pagan.
      May 2, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

No, I have not.
      May 2, 2017 10:19 AM MDT

Catholics don't particularly resonate with "Have you accepted the lord Jesus Christ as your savior?"

"Have you been born again?" the Fundamentalist at the door asks the unsuspecting Catholic. The question is usually a segue into a vast doctrinal campaign that leads many ill-instructed Catholics out of the Catholic Church. How? By making them think there is a conflict between the Bible and the Catholic Church over being "born again." To be honest, most Catholics probably do not understand the expression "born again."

Yes, they believe in Jesus. And yes, they try to live Christian lives. They probably have some vague awareness that Fundamentalists think being "born again" involves a religious experience or "accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior." Many cradle Catholics, too, have had their moments of closeness to God, even of joy over God's love and mercy. They may even have had "conversion experiences" of sorts, committing themselves to take their faith seriously and to live more faithfully as disciples of Jesus. But the cradle Catholic probably cannot pinpoint any particular moment in his life when he dropped to his knees and "accepted Jesus" for the first time. As far back as he can recall, he has believed, trusted and loved Jesus as Savior and Lord. Does that prove he has never been "born again"? 

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features2007/print2007/mbrumley_bornagain_nov07.html
      May 2, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

I heard something I liked from a minister not too long ago - - he said, along the lines of his not having a specific day and date and time to go back to for that "conversion" experience - - he said "I think conversion is something I am in the process of everyday. I'm an unfinished product. I'm converting every day."
      May 2, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

A good point.  But the question is usually asked as a trick question, and the key words seems to be the tense of the verb, i.e., "have accepted."

My answer would probably be "Oh sure, implicitly; and I am continuing to do so on a daily basis."  (I sometimes answer questions in a way that tends to anticipate and deflect the expected response.)
      May 2, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

Yes, I agree with your point, too! 
      May 2, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

• Nope,  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 8, 2017 12:28 AM MDT
      May 2, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

Good point

Of course if He did actually exist, I would guess He'd be just the type of thing who could pull it off.
      May 2, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

• Good point. Touche' 

There is much to be said that people still believed it. 
      May 2, 2017 5:39 PM MDT

I enjoy this kind of "kidding" type dialogue.
      May 3, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

I am a Believer in God. My Messiah is my Savior. Although I am a Believer I would never put down those who don't believe.  One of my favorite people is my brother who doesn't Believe.  But we have enough sense and enough love and respect for one another so we don't try to mock each other.  Love wins in the end. I have proof. :)
      May 2, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

No, I'm a heathen which means I don't have a religion but I'm not an atheist either.

If I were to become religious I would probably pick the Flying Spaghetti Monster because he tastes the best!

May 2, 2017 8:47 PM MDT