Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If you discovered a literal gold mine on your property would you take just enough to live and share the rest or would you keep it all?

If you discovered a literal gold mine on your property would you take just enough to live and share the rest or would you keep it all?

Posted - May 6, 2017

Responses

Taking into account the discovery of the gold find, I'd sell the place for the right price. 

It would be a headache trying to identify the many supposed relative who would come out of the woodwork, and wanting a piece of the discovery.
      May 6, 2017 11:15 AM MDT

What would be the right price? Not having any firsthand knowledge, of how deep the gold goes... Do you have a predetermined amount you'd sell for and not ask questions?

May 6, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

A good question I can't answer.  I'd just like to be put in that situation for the possible money (if any) to be made.
      May 6, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

I love your questions :)  

I wouldn't do anything... I'd leave it where it is.... maybe take enough to make myself a ring... but I wouldn't want to disturb my lovely garden.. the grass I have just seeded, all my plants and flowers...all the landscaping... 

Nooooo way am I touching that, or allowing anyone else to ruin my hard work...

And hey you will be pleased... i didn't think about that answer :)
      May 6, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

What if it became public you have gold under your garden? Do you think thieves would care for your lovely garden? Now think about that. :)

I asked a similar question about oil when I was on answerbag and you'd be surprised, well probably not, how fast people who were supposedly totally against capitalism suddenly turned into capitalists.
      May 6, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

You can't adequately put a price on the property until you know its worth which means mining all the gold. The government might raise your taxes because of its assessed value forcing you dig some up just to pay the bills.
      May 6, 2017 2:29 PM MDT

LOL now Weylon.. you are asking me to think... and I don't wanna... I liked your idea that we should not think so much...
    And my gut reaction would be to just leave the gold in the ground...it was there a long time before I came..and it will be there when I am gone.. let someone else have it....

If i have to think... i think.. i'd keep it secret... leave it as it is... and so no one would know... ever...  if neighbours also have gold then the secret would get out.. I'd turn the property over to some company or other.. but would demand that they provide me with a new property... they would need to dig up all my plants and replant them in the new place.. they would need to build me a new koi pond, (i only just made my new one this year) and put everything how I want it... It doesn't have to be the same but it MUST have all my plants, (Ok there are some I don't care about as much but if they are going to be dug up for the mine they may as well dig them up and transfer them..) 

Then I will be happy :)
      May 6, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

I would mine it dry to have enough for me, family and friends for decades to come.
      May 6, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

i might keep it all
      May 6, 2017 3:39 PM MDT

No idea.  It depends on which property it was discovered.  It would be money in the bank regardless of how I might decide to proceed. 
      May 6, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMNPQ35OUc
      May 7, 2017 3:40 AM MDT