Discussion » Questions » Emotions » I read this poem before but encountered it again on Mother's Day. I want to share it with you. Do you like it too?

I read this poem before but encountered it again on Mother's Day. I want to share it with you. Do you like it too?

I AM WITH YOU STILL

"I give you this one thought to keep
I am with you still---do not weep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone ---
I am with you still ---in each new dawn. "

The poem I saw before was a slightly different version but the point is the same.

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

Mom or Jesus?
      May 15, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

You want to know what I think? I think it fits any loved one whom you miss and will never see again. But I cannot decide for you what you think when you read it O. That is entirely up to you. I may be bold and direct but I don't tell people how to feel or what to think. It's not my style. I just share what I feel/think and you can do whatever you want with it. Who I am has nothing at all to do with you. Thank you for your question . Did I answer it?
      May 15, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

Weeping. Let me grieve, every Mother's Day reopens the wound. I'm bleeding.
      May 15, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

So what I said before on another thread about this issue didn't reach you at all? I'm disappointed Sbf. We all grieve in our own way and having other people tell us about their experiences or whatever counsel/help they try to give matters not at all. I get it. Sorry if I upset you. :(
      May 15, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

sounds like a good poem
      May 15, 2017 10:53 AM MDT