Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Loose cannons lack control. That's why they're dangerous. Verbal loose cannons are ignorable. Physical loose cannons aren't. Are you one?

Loose cannons lack control. That's why they're dangerous. Verbal loose cannons are ignorable. Physical loose cannons aren't. Are you one?

Ever lose it and start swinging?  Who got the better of it? You or the other guy/gal? Do you admire those with great strength? Do you admire them more when they don't use it or when they do? Why?

Posted - May 25, 2017

Responses

Personally I don't believe that verbal loose cannons are harmless.. or ignorable.. loose words can start wars.. they can get you fired, or in trouble... they can get you arrested.. 

I've never had to resort to violence yet.. It's come close a few times but only a few.. and that's not bad for someone my age :) Usually I stay calm and articulate and that's kinda what I am good at... I get to practice that a lot lol online and in real life..and it usually works well for me in both situations, erm not always on here but usually :)
      May 25, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

True. Although the loose cannons are generally recognized as being full of sh** by those who are logical/thoughtful/honest and cogent and as my dad used to say "consider the source". Of course those to whom the  full-of-sh** source walks on water and can do no wrong will react quite differently.  T 'is to be expected. Thank you for your Addb! :)
      May 25, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

no, i like to control myself since i dont like to embarrass myself
      May 25, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

I've been a verbal loose cannon in the past, still am occasionally - being a smarta$$ is FUN!

Physically not so much - I'm a little guy, I'd get slaughtered.
      May 25, 2017 7:00 PM MDT