Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Even if we could find cures for all diseases we will never find a cure for war. That will always be the path to death. Sad, ain't it?

Even if we could find cures for all diseases we will never find a cure for war. That will always be the path to death. Sad, ain't it?

Posted - May 27, 2017

Responses

Hello RosieG. That's the way things are now but will not always be that way. It will take direct intervention from God and Jesus but the will act. 
    (Psalm 46:8-10) Come and witness the activities of Jehovah, How he has done astonishing things on the earth.  9 He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; He burns the military wagons with fire. 10 “Give in and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth.”
    (Revelation 11:18) But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”
    (Daniel 2:44) “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
      May 27, 2017 4:05 AM MDT

From your lips!  Thank you for your thoughtful, helpful and informative reply tex and Happy Saturday! :)
      May 27, 2017 10:16 AM MDT

You are welcome RosieG. 

(Psalm 37:34) Hope in Jehovah and follow his way, And he will exalt you to take possession of the earth. When the wicked are done away with, you will see it.
    (2 Peter 3:1-9) Beloved ones, this is now the second letter I am writing you in which, as in my first one, I am stirring up your clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, 2 that you should remember the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles. 3 First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people. 8 However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9 Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
    (Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.
      May 27, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

Happy Sunday tex and thank you once again for your thoughtful and helpful reply. I appreciate it! :)
      May 28, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

I do wonder why we still have wars.. when I was a kid and we learned all about the WWWs I thought.. surely we have progressed from that now.. surely we understand there are other ways to deal with things now... but then i grew up and saw more wars start... several of which we were involved in :(  Seems we CAN use other ways but we don't :(
      May 27, 2017 4:19 AM MDT

Which leads us to the inevitably ugly conclusion that we LOVE war and all it entails. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      May 27, 2017 10:17 AM MDT

You are right Rosie.
    As long as there are people on earth there will always be a struggle for power.
    The ones with the biggest guns will win.
    There are no miracles to stop it and those who think that there are, are living in a fantasy world.
      May 27, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

That's why I often escape to a fantasy world. The real one sucks.. far more so since Donald J. Trump brought his treasonous thugs to the swamp that he promised to drain. He is the GREATEST LIAR THAT EVERY WAS! Too bad the folks who voted for him knew he was a liar and didn't give a sh ** isn't it? Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Saturday! :)
      May 27, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

It's enough to make one lose faith in humanity.
    Happy Memorial weekend Rosie.
      May 27, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

Thanks honey and the same to you and yours. ((hugs)) I HOPE as long as I'm alive there will be a tiny little flickering flame of hope Lulu'sMom. Remember, where there's life there's hope.  SIGH.
      May 28, 2017 5:12 AM MDT

i know, i hate war
      May 29, 2017 2:51 PM MDT