Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Ever pretend to get along with someone when all along you seethed with rage at every encounter? Why the pretense? What did it get you?

Ever pretend to get along with someone when all along you seethed with rage at every encounter? Why the pretense? What did it get you?

Posted - May 28, 2017

Responses

Yes...a school vice-principal. We had a mutual dislike for each other. In fact NONE of the teachers liked him. He was on a power trip and had never taught before. When I encountered him I just played the "When the fox gnaws...smile." role. It was kinda fun as I refused to retaliate.
      May 28, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

That must have been hard as he ** to pull off Ele! He had authority/power over you I expect. I wonder why obnoxious folks rise to positions of authority. Did they have obnoxious mentors who thought they were great? Glad you survived it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 29, 2017 2:32 AM MDT

• It is often prudent and may fall under such guises as keeping a job, making a grade or it may be motivated out of fear.
      May 28, 2017 8:20 AM MDT

I agree with all your points whistle. It isn't an ideal situation to be sure and it's made more difficult if such a person has
    authority/power over you. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 29, 2017 2:33 AM MDT

Of course I have; I'm married, aren't I?
    :)
      May 28, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

not really, i dont hang around with people i dont like
      May 28, 2017 3:38 PM MDT