Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If President Trump is innocent of collusion with Russia, what happens to the media, which seems to have already convicted him?

If President Trump is innocent of collusion with Russia, what happens to the media, which seems to have already convicted him?

Posted - May 28, 2017

Responses

They clobber him for the things that he is demonstrably guilty of: obstruction of justice (covering up for a pal, Flynn, rather than himself - he DID lean on the FBI and fired Comey when he refused to back off), racketeering (Trump U), receipt of emoluments, interference with records (deleting/editing tweets in contravention of the Presidential Records Act), conduct unbecoming a President etc.
      May 28, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Why am I not surprised to see that you we're the first to respond?
      May 28, 2017 5:22 PM MDT

• The fact is that most Americans don't give a crap about Russia--they care more about health care, the economy, and you know, real issues...
      May 28, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

Nothing happens to the media.  They carry on, and the people who believed them will say it is just another  conspiracy and cover up. The people who did not believe the media, didn`t believe them anyway and will say "See, told you" so it all caries on like it never happened.

May 28, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

• Yep. More or less this. It ultimately doesn't matter in the end. The media also decided that Hillary would win--despite being wrong about that, they continued to survive. 
      May 28, 2017 8:13 PM MDT

Nothing.  They move into their next big Trump story.  Or non-story as it so often is.  Thank God I don't know about it until someone here mentions it.  I stopped watching any kind of news over a year ago.  What we have today for news has no integrity and certainly should not be considered professional by any means.  I didn't think I would live to see what is going on in our country.  That's the truth.
      May 28, 2017 8:50 PM MDT

not sure, only time will tell
      May 28, 2017 9:41 PM MDT

When all of this is proved to be a malicious politically motivated witch hunt, the mainstream media will suffer a further hit to their credibility. They will lose even more market share to the alternative media. Eventually we'll bankrupt them.
      May 29, 2017 12:04 AM MDT

The media will continue to sensationalize whatever story catches the public interest. It is about ratings, not about delivering fair and unbiased news coverage.
      May 29, 2017 9:04 AM MDT

• Like a cat, they'll land on their feet and keep going as if nothing happened. Sadly, they've outfoxed themselves. Most intelligent life out here has figured them out a long time ago.
      May 29, 2017 12:12 PM MDT