Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Do you believe in UFO's? I always keep an open mind but feel it's unlikely.. but wonder what you think of the experience below...

Do you believe in UFO's? I always keep an open mind but feel it's unlikely.. but wonder what you think of the experience below...

Daughter has been working with me all day... after we were done with the study she related to me a weird experience she was worried about.. And honestly I don't know what to make of it.. 

She has trouble sleeping, insomnia... she says last night she came downstairs around 1am to get some water..  she says the kitchen was lit up by a blue light coming from the garden next door or a few doors away...she said it was a big blue light not joined to the ground and not coming from the sky.. just hovering there.. she says she watched it for 3 minutes.. not sure what to make of it.. then it moved away to the bottom of whichever garden it was in but strangely got bigger...

She went upstairs a bit scared and talked to some internet friends about it.. she showed me the conversation and the time checks out etc..they and she concluded she must have been hallucinating..  I made light of it..and said well I don't know..  but the thing is.. she has never hallucinated before, ever.. and she described it pretty clearly, in detail, how it moved, how long she watched it, etc... 

It's possible it was some kind of weird lightning? There was a bit of thunder last night...  but seems unlike any kind of thunder I've ever heard of.. tho I don't discount that... but it is ODD... 

Another strange thing happened one of my koi injured itself lastnight... it seems to have bashed the float that protects the pond from emptying and knocked the filter out... perhaps just coincidence.. but it's injured it's nose pretty badly.. so it must have hit the float prettty hard... 

\just odd...

Posted - May 29, 2017

Responses

• I won't close my mind to the possibility. The problem is, we haven't found the conclusive evidence, even in all the circumstantial evidence that's been presented. I'm not one that goes for the sensational or the typical "conspiracy theory" that accompanies these things. The universe is a place so large we can't imagine it, so I suppose that anything is possible out there.
      May 29, 2017 11:25 AM MDT

I agree.. and I am exactly like you .. I don't close my mind off from it, but I do feel it's very, very unlikely.. I have always thought a lot of this UFO stuff is hype.. and people seeking attention.. which, as you can imagine makes it all the more spooky to hear what my daughter said.. Now i really dont know what to think.
      May 29, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

• You've hit the nail right on head as they used to say here in Georgia. Shakespeare said that there's more in Heaven and earth than we'll ever understand(paraphrase) and I guess he was right.
      May 29, 2017 12:01 PM MDT

In context, more than understanding, more like suspecting that such things even might exist.  
      May 29, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

• I can't speak to the experience itself, but I do think aliens exist. How could they not. In this massive universe, how is it even possible that we are the only living creatures in it. 
      May 29, 2017 11:38 AM MDT

Definitely higher intelligence
    has had a part
    in so many things
    across the globe
    in past times.
         The precision in construction
    of various structures across the globe,
    the precision in the alignment
    of various structures across the globe,
    the precision of the alignment
    of certain constellations with certain structures,
    all pointing to something beyond our
    normal thought.

May 29, 2017 12:00 PM MDT

anything is possible but ive never seen one
      May 29, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

If other beings exist, they may not exist in the same mode of being as us.  That means that we might only be able to them notice them as apparent glitches in our visual field, and close encounters of the 3rd kind may be only accidentally perceptible to us.

I neither believe nor disbelieve; but I do believe it possible that they exist, and their existence would cause no changes in my philosophy.
      May 29, 2017 3:10 PM MDT

What do you think would happen if our Government suddenly admitted there is life from other planets?  OMG, people would go bananas. 
    If there are others from outer space and they have not made contact it means they are much smarter than we are. The Earth is full of barbaric, violent people. 
      May 29, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

Do I believe in UFO's? I believe that our governments have developed technology that we wouldn't know about.  The reason I know this is because our flat screen TV's were invented many years before they were put on sale.  Then they do the rounds, and they then bring in the curved screen TV's. But if you really knew the technology they have, it may be far too advanced for you to believe.  Tesla had ideas far before his time, and the government got their hands on these ideas.  80% of our technology today is due to Tesla.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I remember reading a book a few years back now, it was about the human brain.  In this book it noted that there had been skulls found that were far larger than human skulls, but from determination this would mean that this race would have been far more intelligent than us and so therefore less brutal, hence we probably killed this race off.  If something is far more intelligent to be able to dominate the skies, let's hope that it would be far to sensible to land here. This post was edited by Pepper Pot at May 30, 2017 11:43 AM MDT
      May 29, 2017 5:43 PM MDT

A fabulous and fascinating answer pepper.. yes, who knows what it was.. pity I didn't see it myself, whatever it was.
      May 30, 2017 11:44 AM MDT

I seen flying thing in FL on the way to Sea World. It was middle of the morning.... daylight. It was not a light in the sky. 
    I believe being in FL it was something our government has. 
      May 29, 2017 6:33 PM MDT

From reading the description you gave, I would bet on ball lightning. I have heard tales of it rolling down people's chimneys, and out of the door when they opened it. UFOs as in alien spacecraft? Those, I do not believe in.
      May 30, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

Well you could be entirely right.. ball lightning I have never seen but my tendency is to think there is more than likely a simple explanation.  
      May 30, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

I have never seen it, either, but from the descriptions I have heard, which are so close to what you report, I would bet on it.
      June 2, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

The Universe is HUGE.  It is ever-expanding.  It is hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that we are the only ones out there. 
      June 2, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

The probability is that there must be other life, including intelligent life. Whether they have ever visited us is an entirely different matter. There is no evidence which is accepted by scientists of that. Anyway, would they want to come to a planet where Dumb Donald is a major world leader?
      June 6, 2017 8:45 AM MDT

Dumb Donald may be their leader.  Darth Vader reincarnated
      June 6, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

He is probably conspiring with them, like his chum, Putin!
      June 9, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

• ETs cannot come here ever. Distances between stars is too great to be overcome by any form of life. Matter has speed limits. Fuel demands for such travel are impossible to achieve.
      June 19, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

• UFOs are simply things in the sky that the observers cannot identify. Most of them become IFOs. There is no real evidence that ETs have ever been here. Some scientists have proved that interstellar travel is ridiculous. Even the nearest star is a vast distance from us. Matter can never travel even near the speed of light, and excessive acceleration kills life. matters gains inertial mass at an accelerating rate as speed increases. At the speed of light, matter's mas becomes infinite, so it is quite impossible to accelerate it further. The fuel demands for interstellar travel can never be met. Infinite regression is involved in even the highest producers of energy. One of my friends calculated that mankind's fastest ever rockets would require 74,000 years to travel to just the nearest planet outside our solar system.
      June 10, 2017 8:14 AM MDT