Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What happened to all the former Answerbag members on this site? There only seems to be about a dozen of us still active here.
Bez

What happened to all the former Answerbag members on this site? There only seems to be about a dozen of us still active here.

Where did the rest of them go?

Posted - July 18, 2016

Responses

• Ithink they all went to different sites.
      July 18, 2016 8:13 AM MDT

They have moved on. We may meet them on some other site one day.
      July 18, 2016 8:35 AM MDT

"Present!"
    ~
      July 18, 2016 8:44 AM MDT

I cannot be on here 24/7.  I need sleep and a life.  Everytime I log off, someone dies.

Well there were too many at first.  A lot of people could not navigate this thing.   Then we have all the complainers.  Then we have what is left.

Take it or leave it.  They come and they go.

July 18, 2016 9:15 AM MDT

Where is the apostrophe?  Randy????? 

July 18, 2016 9:16 AM MDT

• We're losers.

July 18, 2016 9:26 AM MDT

They have found other places to spend their time where, well, you can figure it out.

July 18, 2016 11:14 AM MDT
  • Bez

Are you the same Nick who used to be on Answerbag? Just wondering. :)

July 18, 2016 11:16 AM MDT
  • Bez

I know you are one of the dozen or so I still see here regularly, Randy. Lol:)

July 18, 2016 11:17 AM MDT

• Maybe they changed their usernames.  I know that many people don't use the same usernames or avatars on all sites they participate on.

But .. when we're here .. we're all Answermuggers anyway IMO.

July 18, 2016 11:29 AM MDT
  • Bez

I know that is a possibility, LynnCal. One former AB regular thought he recognised a regular Mugger as being a certain former Bagger under a new identity, but he couldn't prove it and neither could I. Lol:)

July 18, 2016 11:34 AM MDT
  • Bez

I thought the chances of you and the other Nick being the same person were rather slim, but it was worth a try. Lol:)

July 18, 2016 11:54 AM MDT

1. Thrifty
    2. Marguerite
    3. Randy D
    4. Sharonna
    5. Me
    6. You
    7. My2Cents
    8. OldSchool
    9. Al
    10. Salt and Red Pepper
    11. Delivering the Truth
    12. Righty1
    13. Rosie G
    14. Element 99
    15. Slartibartfast
    16. Jane S
    17. Mr. B
    18. Excon
    19. Dumb and Dumber
    20. Munchkin/ Cotton Candy

These are the ones I know are here at least every couple of days, just pulling names off the top of my head. I can also think of four more who are here all the time, but go by different names. There are lots more that only come by once a week or every couple of weeks. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few, too, but I do talk to these guys all at least every few days in the Q&A. If you stretch your definition of "active" to "visits once a week" I could list another 20 or so without having to reference any lists. If we consider "active" to be people who have been here in the last month, I'm sure there are more than 100 more. Bear in mind, AB wasn't busy when it closed, so I think the daily members all wound up here and have become daily members here and they're still trucking. I don't believe too many of the active AB members have dropped off here.

I should also add that we don't have the same sock puppet madness that AB did. Yes, there are a couple here, but there were people there producing daily activity with 10-20 different accounts. Some of those people are here, but they don't run rings of accounts like they used to. Why do you suppose that is?

July 18, 2016 3:20 PM MDT

Lol. How cryptic.

~
      July 18, 2016 7:40 PM MDT

I made the cut!

:)
      July 18, 2016 7:41 PM MDT

I'm still here, just busy with work and life. :)
      July 18, 2016 8:06 PM MDT
  • Bez

I haven't seen you on here for quite some time, CoLdStaR*. Good to see you back. :)

July 19, 2016 3:59 AM MDT
  • Bez

The only ones I remember from AB who are also on this site and who had multiple accounts on AB are myself and Legion. I haven't seen Legion on here for a couple of months at least. He had more than 30 accounts on AB but he only has one here. I had 8 accounts on AB myself but I too only have one here. People use multiple accounts for a variety of reasons. I did it on AB to hopefully avoid the trolls and cyberbullies who kept picking on me. Can you think of a better way to avoid trolls and bullies than to create retreat accounts?

I remember most of the names on your list on AB, although I don't remember Dumb and Dumber or Salt and Red Pepper. Of the rest, Al has only recently returned to AM and I haven't seen Jane S or Slartibartfast lately. I used to see Slartibartfast regularly on here until a few weeks ago. Maybe he will be back in the next couple of weeks. :)

July 19, 2016 4:08 AM MDT

Dumb and Dumber went by another name. Jane was here yesterday or the day before. Slarti has been primarily active on the dark side of the Mug. I forgot to add Baba and ColdStar to my list. I saw them right after I posted. Opps. Sorry, guys.

I'm not sure there was a better way to deal with the undesirable folks on AB. It was a tough crowd, that's for sure. I just packed my bags and left.

July 19, 2016 4:17 AM MDT

I think the only person who needs to worry about who is coming and going is the one who runs the site.   She's doing pretty good so far. 

If you don't know members  well enough to contact them outside of here, what are you really missing so badly?   It's not like there is no one to talk to that can ask questions and give good feedback.

You cannot depend on people who don't have their heart in here to fulfill your Answer Mug needs.   You can't get someone interested if they aren't.  I could tell right away that a lot of people were goingto jump ship.  They were blaming Answer Mug for their boring lives just like they did on Answer Bag and the Project people had the same types of characters. 

I happen to still be interested.  I promise you, if I left, no one would even notice after a few weeks.   And I'm totally fine with that.

I'm here because I want to be, not because other people want to be.  If they do, great and if they don't and there are no people of interest to exchange ideas with, then why stay if that is your main concern?

I assume those who left that I do miss, NUNYA, VEENA and FILLE, even MARKY MARK and WABOO , did not have that great of an interest in remaining connected with Answer Bag or  Answer Mug or me.  Oh well.   I'm still standing. 

Hope they found great happiness and joy and hope Legion finds another place to permanently hang.   Not missing that one or BEZ whom he claims he was not.  There were a lot of snakes on Answer Bag from across the pond.      99 percent of Sock Puppets are cowards and bores. 

July 19, 2016 4:41 AM MDT
  • Bez

I've only just seen ColdStar back on here today after a long absence. I haven't been looking much on the dark side of the Mug lately, except for the specific groups that are of special interest to me (I'm sure you know which groups I mean. Lol). I do see Baba on here from time to time.

I tried the packing-my-bags-and-leaving approach myself on AB a couple of times but it dawned on me that by doing that I was giving in to the undesirable folks who obviously wanted rid of me. Why should I give them the satisfaction when I can sneak back under a new identity? That was why I ended up with 8 accounts there. Legion, on the other hand, had 30-something accounts all named from Red Dwarf characters so that he could answer his own questions with different characters and create comment threads that recreated scenes from Red Dwarf. He liked to do that to entertain other members, plus he thought it would make his vulgar toilet humour seem less offensive to those who didn't like it. You must admit, that was jolly decent and thoughtful of him, wasn't it? Yet, for all that, he was often branded a troll more than the argumentative jerks we used to call trolls. Why do you think that is, JA?

July 19, 2016 4:44 AM MDT

Hmm... Legion was probably called a troll more often because he admitted to having multiple colorful accounts. Nobody could see through those accounts to know who he was, but they did know he was everywhere. 

Personally, I always liked Legion. None of his accounts ever caused trouble that I recall. I do remember hearing about suspensions, but I never saw bad behavior from him, myself. We still have a space weevil cupcake in the answerMug gift shop per his request and I transferred it to the new site as well. Maybe if I send him one after I finish the site, he'll stop by again. ;)

July 19, 2016 4:59 AM MDT
  • Bez

I thought it was blatantly obvious which accounts were his. Every name and avatar was taken from Red Dwarf and he also had an odd way of punctuating which attracted quite a few comments from other members. He told me he was penalty boxed three times, all for the same thing (posting deliberately obnoxious questions). Many of his questions were repostings of questions that were removed when other people posted them. I think he was trying to prove that certain questions were removed simply because of who posted them, he was trying to prove that the AB mods had personal grudges against certain members and for some reason they didn't take kindly to his efforts to expose them. Why do you think that is, JA?

July 19, 2016 6:11 AM MDT
  • Bez

I can tell you for a fact that Bez wasn't Legion. I of all people should know who Bez was, it was me. Lol:)

I got on well with those other members you mentioned. Waboo did join this site some time ago but he seems to have left now. Maybe he will be back some time, who knows?

What makes you say a lot of the "snakes" were from my side of the pond? Most of the British members I remember were great people. As for sockpuppets, most of them are created for a reason, such as avoiding bullies and trolls. That was why I had several accounts on AB, to dodge that lot. It obviously worked to some degree because, if I hadn't revealed on here that Bez was me, you wouldn't have known that, would you? I only told a select few members which accounts were mine after it leaked out that my second account (Mylon) was me. After that I took a break for a few months, then I returned with two new accounts, Bez and Zebedy Zak. I created further accounts later because I was still getting hassled by trolls. What else was I supposed to do?

July 19, 2016 6:26 AM MDT