Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » For you knowledgeable technology folks. Could Trump giving people his cell phone number kill him?

For you knowledgeable technology folks. Could Trump giving people his cell phone number kill him?

Is that an actual  possibility or is it just the stuff of scifi movies?  How lethal are cellphones and how often are they used to murder "the enemy"? :)

Posted - June 1, 2017

Responses

i dont think so
      June 1, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

Cell phones are used as detonators, they're never the actual bomb. As for radiation, the jury is still out - and if anybody wants to kill him, that's too slow. He probably has a brain tumour already, that would explain a lot of the inexplicable stuff he has done.
      June 1, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

Thanks for the helpful info Sbf. So a cell phone can only be a detonating device not an explosive device itself. The target would have to be near something set to explode. I wondered about that brain tumor thingy. He does/says things that are above and beyond inexplicably weird/bizarre/evil/counterproductive. Maybe he really can't help it. Maybe it is some "condition" from which he suffers that controls him. Wonder if we will ever find out?
      June 2, 2017 6:01 AM MDT

Maybe him and also you and I. I think if a hacker gets a hold of Trumps cell phone # they can send a signal that could cause the battery to explode. It wouldn't kill him but maybe it would cause enough confusion that Russia could launch a first strike (if the battery explosion and  launch were coordinated). Thats probably not going to happen but I think to be on the safe side they should take that phone away from him. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 2, 2017 6:02 AM MDT
      June 1, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

I think he survives BECAUSE of twitter. Taking it away from him would surely hobble him, silence him, cripple him. I don't have a cell phone but Jim does. I despise them actually. Since their invention people have better relations with their cell phones than they do with other people. It is nice though that if Jim has car trouble he can call for help and I also like being able to reach him if needed when he's away from home. Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Friday! :)
      June 2, 2017 6:04 AM MDT