Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you apart from grief, or part of grief?

Are you apart from grief, or part of grief?

Posted - June 5, 2017

Responses

I'd think it would need to maybe be both at some point to journey through.
    Interesting question and quote.
    :)
      June 5, 2017 11:21 PM MDT

Umm thanks Welby....I like being in confusion and be confusing...it kinda adds up to the grief;))
      June 5, 2017 11:23 PM MDT

Yes!
    I think we've, together, come up with a new saying -- "Grief -- it's a lot of confusion."
    :)
      June 5, 2017 11:34 PM MDT

Grief is part of me.  I don't agree with the quote, or perhaps it's a personal choice.   My daughter is gone and I will grieve for her every day until I die.  That is not something I could ever leave by the side of the road.  Grief is personal and I take issue with most "quotes" I come across on the subject. 
      June 6, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

Neither.

I have grieved and I move on.  It has no hold over me.  It is a necessary part of the healing process.  We all must go through it.  If we do not, we will have to carry it, stuff it, deny it and get sick because of it.

It must be processed.   It must be acknowledged and it must be accepted.  Then the pain lessens. 
      June 6, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

I have dealt with loss a number of times (to be expected at my age).

This certainly summarizes what I have gone through  (These stages are true for both the dying person and for the bereaved person. They are not linear…we tend to bounce around among them, but move more and more toward acceptance.) ---

http://www.havenofnova.org/articles/how_am_i_doing/five_stages.pdf

June 6, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

Grief is part of living. It is also very personal.  We each experience it differently, and it is not for anyone else to say how we should grieve, or for how long.  
      June 6, 2017 2:28 PM MDT