Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is there a solution that dissloves bird droppings? A cleaning solution? They dry on surfaces like barnacles.

Is there a solution that dissloves bird droppings? A cleaning solution? They dry on surfaces like barnacles.

Posted - June 6, 2017

Responses

Elbow grease and a high pressure hose.
      June 6, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

These are indoor birds  and  i don't want a high-pressure hose in there.   I want a safe solvent that dissolves the poop.   I don't want to destroy my  home.
      June 6, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

Sorry Sharonna, your question didn't mention that. I thought they were on your car or outside walls or something. Elbow grease is still indicated, you'll need to scrub.
      June 6, 2017 7:36 PM MDT

Dip a sponge in hot water, and a bit of soap, and place on top of the dropping. Leave it for a few minutes (not too long or it may damage wood surfaces) and then wipe off with a damp rag. If it doesn't all go in the first try, you try again.  You must always watch that you do not damage wood surfaces by leaving it wet too long.  Dry well after it is clean.
      June 6, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

That's what i'm currently doing but it takes forever
      June 6, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

I only know that when i had my car repaired they said that if i got any bird poop on the parts they painted I needed to wipe it off as soon as possible as it eats away at the paintwork. My thinking is that if at all possible best to get it when it's fresh..  Failing that then either a knife to delicately scrape it away or some kind of cleaning solution used for cat wee/barf as in it has enzymes to break up the organic matter.
      June 6, 2017 11:54 AM MDT

LOL  A day dream,

I am not retired.  I would have to stay here all day to do that one, I have 6 birds.
      June 6, 2017 12:51 PM MDT

When all else fails, get 'Goof Off'.  It will remove just about anything without damaging the underside. It is available at paint stores.
      June 6, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

bh  I am in your debt.

I am heading to Ace Hardware as soon as I go out again.

THANK YOU
      June 6, 2017 12:50 PM MDT

try Goof Off
    it desolves 
    dried latex paint.
    might work

AHHH just saw the other answer
    that's two for Goof Off!! This post was edited by Baba at September 14, 2018 7:30 PM MDT
      June 6, 2017 7:25 PM MDT

Hi Shar to the Rona~  I looked it up and this is what I found.  I hope it helps and you can get it somewhere in your area.  If not you might be able to order it online :)

http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/

• Poop-d-Zolver 32 oz Spray Bottle

Z-PZD32
      Poop-d-Zolver 32 oz Spray Bottle

*NEW* Poop-D-Zolver is an all natural and ready-to-use bird poop remover that almost instantly removes bird poop by enzyme-producing non-pathogenic bacteria. This non-pathogenic bacteria, a good bacteria, naturally 'digests' the poop in the cage/aviary and also works on carpets, upholstery and fabric. The enzymatic properties naturally eliminates smells, rather than merely masking odors with non-[organic fragrances which can be harmful or deadly to your bird.

Regular Price: $11.99
      Sale Price: $8.63
      Qty:  Add to Cart

•  
      Poop-d-Zolver Gallon Refill

Z-PZD128
      Poop-d-Zolver Gallon Refill

*NEW* Poop-D-Zolver is an all natural and ready-to-use bird poop remover that almost instantly removes bird poop by enzyme-producing non-pathogenic bacteria. This non-pathogenic bacteria, a good bacteria, naturally 'digests' the poop in the cage/aviary and also works on carpets, upholstery and fabric. The enzymatic properties naturally eliminates smells, rather than merely masking odors with non-[organic fragrances which can be harmful or deadly to your bird.

Regular Price: $34.49
      Sale Price: $24.83

•  
      Cage Clean-N-Fresh 32 oz Spray Bottle

Z-CCF32
      Cage Clean-N-Fresh 32 oz Spray Bottle

*NEW* All Natural! Cage Clean-N-Fresh provides a deep micro cleaning action on all bird cages and bird cage apparatus. Cage Clean-N-Fresh leaves a pleasant fresh scent that is all natural and 100% Avian Safe.

Ready to use and all natural.

Regular Price: $12.49
      Sale Price: $8.99

•  
      Cage Clean-N-Fresh Gallon Refill Bottle

Z-CCF128
      Cage Clean-N-Fresh Gallon Refill Bottle

*NEW* All Natural! Cage Clean-N-Fresh provides a deep micro cleaning action on all bird cages and bird cage apparatus. Cage Clean-N-Fresh leaves a pleasant fresh scent that is all natural and 100% Avian Safe.

Ready to use and all natural.

Regular Price: $34.49
      Sale Price: $24.83

•  
      Poop Off Wipes

Z-POW
      Poop Off Wipes

Use Confidently On: Bird Cages - Parrot Play Stands - Bird Trees - Bird Toys - Carpet - Walls - Floors -  Car Upholstery - Clothing - Furniture - Perches

The natural enzymes in Poop Off work effectively to dissolve and remove bird droppings from a wide variety of surfaces.

Regular Price: $9.99
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

•  
      Poop Off 16 oz with brush

Z-PO16
      Poop Off 16 oz with brush

POOP-OFF works by the special cleaning agents, active enzymes, water and proprietary lubricants ability to break down the chemical bonds in bird droppings.

Regular Price: $9.99
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

•  
      Poop-Off 32 oz Spray Bottle

Z-PO32
      Poop-Off 32 oz Spray Bottle

Poop-Off instantly dissolves bird poop and their related stains nearly everywhere. Control flow brush head assures proper usage of product. Use on perches, bird cages, carpets, walls, clothing, building and anywhere birds have pooped.

Regular Price: $13.49
      Sale Price: $12.14

June 7, 2017 1:45 AM MDT