Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do you like parades? I find them pointless and sometimes annoying when I have to go downtown.

Do you like parades? I find them pointless and sometimes annoying when I have to go downtown.

Posted - June 6, 2017

Responses

• I've never been much of a parade person. Loud noises and crowds aren't really my thing. I do like the UC Davis Picnic Day parade, though. 
      June 6, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

Small town parades are fun.  They are about local business and citizens and fun for kids.  Large parades in big cities...........ook.  Like Nevan said big crowds, people pushing and probably picking pockets, no thanks. 
      June 6, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

Me too Thriftymaid! :D!
      June 7, 2017 4:02 AM MDT

I don't object to them and know lots of people love them.. but not really my thing
      June 6, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

My dogs usually have a parade when I get home.  That's about the only parade that I enjoy.
      June 6, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

Hi Tom~ Those are the best parades any person could ever attend and be part of!  Good for you and your wagging happy friends!! :) :)
      June 7, 2017 4:03 AM MDT

Yes, their enthusiasm is contagious.
      June 7, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

• as a teenager, i tolerated them whilst imbibing substances, but i never truly liked them. nowadays you couldn't pay me to attend a parade, but i do like watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on television. i suspect i'd like watching it even more from a high-rise penthouse on the route.
      June 6, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

I'm going to stay away from large crowds. At least until this terrorism thing is nipped in the bud.
      June 6, 2017 2:47 PM MDT

Ilk.

Ugh,

HATE THEM
      June 6, 2017 3:02 PM MDT

• I love them.  They are so festive. 
      June 6, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

A funny thing happened on the way to the parade... We found that we all liked them and were all going to same parade, only in different states.  This would seem impossible since most parades are celebrating the town they are parading in.  It would be silly to have a parade in Alaska that really was about Stillwater , Oklahoma.

My mom loved parades and for years my parents took my sister and me to the Rose Parade.  It was beautiful and fun for all 4 of us.  As we grew up, obviously, this enchantment became smaller and smaller for us but not our mother.  Dad and she continued to go. 

Then, one day I met Don who grew up in the L.A. area.  He claimed he went to the Rose Parade many times.  I was enchanted with the idea we both liked parades and got to go as kids.  Time elapsed and the parade topic wasn't one that came up much at all until our first football season together.  The Rose Bowl came on that year and Don told me all about the things he remembered about the Rose Parade.
    I'm sure my face showed how confused I was and claimed that was impossible.  I thought he had gone to the Rose Parade.  The Rose Parade was in Portland, Oregon, not at some college football bowl. 
    We went round and round about this for about an hour and finally drew a truce. We both liked parades and went to the Rose Parade in different states. This was really a matter of two truths to one parade. 
    Portland, Oregon, The City of Roses, Rose Parade and 
    The Rose Bowl, Rose Parade.
    Short story, long?  Yes, we like parades but now prefer to watch them on T.V.
      June 7, 2017 4:36 AM MDT

they dont bother me, i dont get them that much where im at
      June 7, 2017 4:50 PM MDT

• "No" ... sleeping on the sidewalk to get a good spot
    for the Rose Parade never seemed to make any
    sense to me ... but my Dad did it year after year.

June 8, 2017 2:06 AM MDT

I certainly love The Dream Academy's "The Love Parade"

:)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 10, 2017 7:05 PM MDT
      June 9, 2017 7:37 PM MDT