Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does your religion help with resources such as food, clothing, shelter for the homless or those who have fallen on hard times when needed?

Does your religion help with resources such as food, clothing, shelter for the homless or those who have fallen on hard times when needed?

Posted - June 6, 2017

Responses

Yes
      June 6, 2017 1:36 PM MDT

• I'm not sure if all denominations of Christianity does,  but the churches around here do. We have food pantries and Some even use their extra rooms in the winter for shelter for the night. The people they help don't even have to be Christian to receive the help. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 7, 2017 9:33 AM MDT
      June 6, 2017 1:51 PM MDT

I know that several do help the needy, but not all do unless you are a member of their religion..
      June 7, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

• We have some churches here that only help people in their congregation, some help all who need it. 
      June 7, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

• i am without religion, but the shelters and food pantries in this area are run by local churches and they help anyone who qualifies financially, regardless of their stance on religion.
      June 6, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

My religion doesn't, my church does. Religion is a way of life, a church is an organisation.
      June 6, 2017 6:20 PM MDT

• LuLu'sMom, I can't speak for or worry about what my "religion" or any "religion" does for the homeless or needy. I can only do what's put on my own heart to do what I can to help others.
      June 6, 2017 7:54 PM MDT

And that is how it should be.
    Great answer.
      June 7, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

• Lulu'sMom, have a great weekend.
      June 9, 2017 6:36 PM MDT

I don't know of any denomination which doesn't reach out to help people in need within the community. 
      June 7, 2017 2:42 AM MDT

I am not involved with a certain religion.  I am a member of the Satya Sai Baba organization that supports any religion that has the tenets of freedom of expression where love of God is concerned.   We have Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, Jewish faith, all faiths are welcome for each is an individual expression of the whole which God represents.  Therefore, athiests are welcome although we believe in God.  A lot of people come in with a certain idea of what this is all about, and leave enlightened and encouraged to either follow their own path and be the best Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. or they embrace the teachings of Satya Sai Baba and realize that TRUTH is TRUTH and all are ONE no matter how you express it.

We believe that we are all here to help one another and the more you put that in the forefront and the less you focus on your greedy wants and needs, the more you are helped into a life and path you could have only dreamed would give you this much peace of mind and yes, bliss. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 7, 2017 6:38 PM MDT
      June 7, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

It sounds like a great group and as long as you are happy that is all that matters.
      June 7, 2017 6:40 PM MDT

We are nice.  We do good.
      June 7, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

they might but i havent asked them for help since i already have a friend that will help me
      June 7, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

Does your religion help with resources such as food, clothing, shelter for the homless or those who have fallen on hard times when needed?

================================================================================

These kind of things don't dominate our news screens but it's a fact that members of the North Kensington Muslim Community laid on an impromptu meal for those whose lives were ripped apart by the Grenfell Tower tragedy.

Muslims host meal for those affected by Grenfell Tower fire

It is also little know that Muslims are among Britain’s most generous givers, topping a poll of religious groups that donate to charity, according to new research.

According to the ICM poll of 4,000 people, Muslims who donated to charity in 2012 gave an average of almost £371 each, with Jewish givers averaging just over £270 per person, Protestants £202, Roman Catholics giving slightly more than £178, with other Christians slightly less than £178 while atheists, by contrast, donated an average of £116 when they gave to charity

June 19, 2017 8:31 AM MDT

Great info. CLURT. Thank you for sharing.
      June 19, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

you're welcome, LM
      June 19, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

Whenever there is a natural disaster in any part of the globe, it is a well known fact that the Jehovah's witnesses are usually the first on site to assist with disaster relief.
      June 30, 2017 12:08 AM MDT

Yes that is true and there are some great religious groups out there that do a lot to help those in need.
      June 30, 2017 10:33 AM MDT