Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Why should this not be considered an act of pure evil by a vicious thug who enjoys murdering people in cold blood just for kicks?

Why should this not be considered an act of pure evil by a vicious thug who enjoys murdering people in cold blood just for kicks?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-i-m-with-my-kids-man-shot-after-pleading-with-teen-gunman-20170608-story.html

The victim survived and is in critical condition, but cold blooded murder just for kicks was the intent of the vicious thug. 

Posted - June 8, 2017

Responses

And people still defend the Second Amendment. Smh.
      June 8, 2017 6:48 PM MDT

Video games train the youth to kill.  They have seen so much of killing in their short life that it makes them insensitive. I remember 40 some years ago when Mothers were protesting, with signs, about the new violence in cartoons.  They were laughed at and said to be over-reacting, that the parents would make sure children were not exposed. Now I am sure they are saying "we told you this would happen."
      June 8, 2017 6:57 PM MDT

• Yes.  There was no violence in the world before cartoons and video games.
      June 8, 2017 8:50 PM MDT

It wasn't "just for kicks."  This was a gang incident.  The man who was shot never denied he was in a gang.  He stated he was with his kids. Gang violence & wars between factions, isn't a new or recent trend in this country. 
      June 9, 2017 3:54 AM MDT

According to your link, he later died. Very sad what is happening in the world today. (2 Tim 3:1-4)

[...

The man on the ground appeared dead, but paramedics rushed him to Mount Sinai Medical Center, where he was initially listed in critical condition with wounds to the head, shoulder and back, according to police.

He later died. He was identified as Isaac Reed, 25, of the 1500 block of South Austin Boulevard in Cicero, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. No one was reported in custody.

Neighbors who talked to the Tribune asked that their names not be used because of the fear of living in the neighborhood. They did not want to draw attention to themselves.

All of them described the erosion of a sense of community over the years as their neighborhood has grown more violent. The violence has become more frequent and intense as a gang conflict from neighboring Back of the Yards grew into Brighton Park and gangs have used rifles, wounding dozens over the last year. 

...]
      July 24, 2017 5:57 AM MDT