Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can I still try to date even though a number of situations give me anxiety?

Can I still try to date even though a number of situations give me anxiety?

Or do you try to overcome not being so nervous first? I just don't know what to do- sometimes in social situations (ESPeCIALLY with guys) I get so nervous I feel I have to leave.. like a feeling of being trapped overcomes me as well. That is why I don't date and never have, and it makes me very sad, b/c I'm 35 and never had a boyfriend. But if I wait to be not nervous of things (what guys think of my anxiety or me, or situations in general) how can I become free of the fear? I've heard you have to push through that fear and realize you are ok, then it will fade over time... yet also heard you have to love yourself and feel whole to date... which is it?  :(

Posted - June 10, 2017

Responses

BayBreeze, I have to agree with Jane: you should drop the entire idea of a one-on-one with any man for now. I say that because for quite some time now, the majority of your posts on the subject carry the same theme. You're not ready now, you haven't been ready for a long time, and it may be a while longer before you will be ready, if ever. 
    ~
      June 10, 2017 8:45 PM MDT

Thx Jane, yep made actually a tentative call about seeing someone last week- I hope they can debunk the awful cruel words and thoughts that filled my life... thank you so much.
      June 10, 2017 10:18 PM MDT

Good for you. I hope you follow through. The first step is always the hardest, but you do not have to live like this, I promise you.
      June 11, 2017 3:35 AM MDT

Ty Jane... those words mean SO much right now; some days I wonder WHEN will I get PAST this fear of love and being able to just date and live i n 'now' ..not in a week or month of 'will they stay with me or I with them?' ... so to hear I do not have to truly feel this way was words I don't often hear.. Thanks a bunch, and enjoy your day
      June 12, 2017 2:44 PM MDT