Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What do you think of this type of street witnessing?

What do you think of this type of street witnessing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-ViuLeLEg

Posted - June 10, 2017

Responses

cant click on it but i think people have a right to believe whatever they want without others telling them what to believe
      June 11, 2017 5:42 PM MDT

I wonder why you can't click on it? If you go to youtube, type in: 
    London Irish Catholic & Friend Take On Hebrew Israelites - Oxford Street London - Youtube -
      June 11, 2017 8:10 PM MDT

What do you think of this type of street witnessing?

=====================================

It seems that JWs too have taken to street witnessing.

Image result for Jehovah's Witnesses on the street

June 20, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

JW's always have participated in various forms of street witnessing. Christians have always done public and house to house witnessing. (Acts 20:20) My question was: "What do you think of this type of street witnessing?" Did you watch the video?
      June 20, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

yes I watched the whole video wondering every moment what was going to happen next.

What characterised their type of witnessing was the reading out loud of the Bible to give their intended message - a message which, in the noisy confrontation throughout the video, escaped me. 
      June 21, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

I started to watch the video ... but after a couple minutes of less witnessing and more "I want to get in a fight", I stopped.

IMO, "street witnessing" or going door to door is nothing but harassment.
    If someone wants to learn your "message", they can go to your indoctrination center (aka "church").

June 20, 2017 3:04 PM MDT

John George Phillips considered his interruptions from Cyril Furmstone Evans as harassment as well. I guess we are not all always aware of whats going on around us.
    So is your position that any type of witnessing is just as valid or invalid as another?
      June 20, 2017 4:57 PM MDT

"So is your position that any type of witnessing is just as valid or invalid as another?"

Not really.
    My position is that they are all obnoxious and annoying.
    But I've seen ones where the "witness" gets in people's personal space or even grabs them.  That is assault.
    Or those nuts who disrupt military funerals.  Who are only slightly worse than those who protest other people's lifestyle choices that don't harm others.

June 21, 2017 7:23 AM MDT

There is a major difference between sincerity and actual harrassment.   I do not want to be bombarded by anyone trying to SAVE me. 

I belong to a group of people who are Satya Sai Baba devotees.  No one would dream of trying to push God or their idea of God on anyone else.  If God is God, then God will show the way.  But that does not mean that we do nothing to show God's love.  We do service work and we do not tell people about Sai Baba unless they are sincerely interested and ASK.  

Then we show them how to find out about Him for themselves.  No one ever dares speak FOR God.  We have meetings every week and we sing hymns and discuss a topic that was written about in one of Sai Baba's many, many writings.   It works for me.  I am happy.  I have no intention of trying to drag anyone else into my world for it is my own world and I would not expect anyone else to even comprehend anything I think unless they walked in my shoes themselves.

Nothing against Witnesses, but this kind of thing gives them the bad publicity they are worried about.
      June 21, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

• There are a few ways street preachers will carry out their "mission" but for sake of argument I'll narrow it down to two. You have the "God is angry with the wicked everyday" type of street preacher. Then you have the Mark 16:15  "And he said to them, Go you into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."----type of street preacher.  What's a better approach to street preaching, the God hates you approach or the spreading of the Gospel (Death, burial, and resurrection of Messiah) approach?

For the most part the "God is angry with sinners everyday" will, more often than not,  make those being preached too, even more angry. Don't get me wrong, GOD most definitely hates sin with a passion but for those street preaching, the focus, should first and foremost, be on spreading the Gospel of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ. If questions arise about the Gospel message, answer them in a manner worthy of being a disciple of Christ and not in a confrontational, sarcastic manner.
      June 25, 2017 1:40 PM MDT

This type of preaching in public is highly ineffective and can incite anger in the passersby.
      June 25, 2017 11:55 PM MDT