Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What are the most Dependant Addictions you know of?

What are the most Dependant Addictions you know of?

Although there are factors to consider in my question such as any addiction to anything giving a wide range of possible answers. The fact that there are levels of severity with each one in our world today. I'm looking for opinions on what would be considered the dependant ones viewed today. 

Posted - June 13, 2017

Responses

I can only speak for myself...tobacco.
      June 13, 2017 3:21 PM MDT

probably alcohol and drugs
      June 13, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

Nicotine. From my personal experience that one was tougher to break than opioids.
    Alcohol I can take or leave, I enjoy a beer but don't live for it. Opioids I was addicted to for years, prescribed them because of chronic sciatica. The op cleared that up and I went through a couple weeks sheer hell getting off the drugs, but did so. I needed a crutch (patches) to get off tobacco and I STILL want a smoke even though I quit years ago.
      June 13, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

Tobacco was tough and so was alcohol but tranquilizers (benzos) were by far the worst.  Stevie Nicks agrees that benzos are harder to get off of than Heroin.  It's been two years and I am still having withdrawal symptoms.
      June 13, 2017 9:34 PM MDT

Sorry to hear that. Sad that some prescription drugs are as addicting or more so than illegal drugs. I had an acquaintance that I met in karate a long time ago. Shortly after I met him I ran in to him and his girl friend at a bar I used to frequent. We became real good friends sparring together, going running in the mornings together and on weekends to the bar. He drank a lot at the bar but I didn't drink much back then as I was in to health. It used to puzzle me that he could stay out so late and drink so much and then meet in the morning for a run. He overdosed on black tar heroin. I didn't even know he was doing drugs. I went to his funeral and the preacher implied that he maybe in hell. He said something to the affect that we are not the judge and that God may have mercy on his soul. I think about how that must have made his parents feel to this day. 

June 14, 2017 8:12 PM MDT

Evidently the "preacher" was ignorant of Matt 7:1-2, and John 8:7.
      June 15, 2017 12:05 AM MDT

Many people use Beers, Alcohols, Tobacco, Cigars.
      June 14, 2017 6:54 AM MDT