Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » How many days a week do you go to church?

How many days a week do you go to church?

Posted - June 15, 2017

Responses

I know he loves you too WW no matter how you chose to praise him.
      June 15, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

That whole thing is a farce to me. Being in a church just made me feel worse and very uncomfortable. Not from my so called sins, but the fact that church irritates me from all the blind faith and praising and all that stupid stuff.
      June 15, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

It's not my cup of either Zack.
      June 15, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

Last time I was at a Christian church was for a Christening of a friend's daughter. I wore a yarmulke.
      June 15, 2017 1:13 PM MDT

i go twice a wk for 2 different ones
      June 15, 2017 1:37 PM MDT

• i went to a funeral about 12 years ago. the memorial part of it was held in a Methodist church.
      June 15, 2017 1:57 PM MDT

I went to my mom's church one time last year or maybe the year before that.  Mom talked me into it.  I thought they were just weird because it looked like they were trying to be hip and cool.  I don't believe in God anyway but church trying to be hip and cool is an epic fail.  I'm sure Christians probably don't see it that way.
      June 15, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

June 15, 2017 5:51 PM MDT

• I've stopped going. It just doesn't do for me what it should. 
      June 15, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

Many people feel the same way.
      June 16, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

• I'm still a believer though. I just lost my faith in churches, they've turned into businesses.
      June 16, 2017 11:23 AM MDT

I dont go to church. I look around me and see nothing but bad things come from religion. 
      June 15, 2017 6:18 PM MDT

I see the same things and I don't go either.
      June 16, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

I attend meetings twice a week at my place of worship.
      June 16, 2017 11:34 PM MDT

• My nation is atheistic, so I have never attended church in my life. I have heard much about that experience. I have never found any logical reason to attend church. I have been told that some churches expect members to tithe. Nothing in a church could possibly be worth nearly so much to me. If it was free, I might attend once for the experience, but I might leave before the worship is over if I became excessively bored or upset.
      June 19, 2017 11:54 AM MDT

You are probably better off not going. Most of the people in my circle don't go and they are much better balanced then ones I know who do go to church.
    It can really mess with your head and screw you up.
      June 19, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

How many days a week do you go to church?

====================================

THIRTY FIVE times a week – that’s the number of times that Muslims are supposed to pray in congregation, preferably in a mosque. This applies to men. Women are exempt from the encouragement to pray in mosques. They have a right to do so if they want to and many mosques have facilities exclusively for women so that they can join in the congregational prayers.

Practicing Muslims who have a mosque just around the corner and are free to go there will do so for the five times a day obligatory prayers. The prayer in the mosque, taking less than 10 minutes, would be no different than the prayer if it was performed at home. Exceptions to this are the midday obligatory prayer on Fridays and the non-obligatory twice a year prayers on the two celebratory days in the Muslim calendar. In these prayers there are sermons delivered by the imams of the mosques.

Image result for muslims praying

Muslims also make special effort in the fasting month called Ramadhan to attend the sunset prayers in mosques, so that they can share food and break their fasts together, and to attend the final prayer of the day in the mosques too where extra non-obligatory prayers are performed during which the imams recite the whole HQ in the prayers, from memory. In the summer in the northern hemisphere these extra night prayers often end after midnight, so it’s quite taxing on those with 9 to 5 jobs.

This post was edited by CLURT at June 21, 2017 11:52 AM MDT
      June 21, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

That is true dedication.
      June 21, 2017 11:23 AM MDT

• I used to go three times a week. Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday prayer meeting and Bible class. I haven't attended church in quite some time now, mainly because it turned contemporary and liberalism seeped in through the cracks. Man-centered churches don't cut it for me.
      June 23, 2017 11:51 AM MDT