Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Stuff. Things. Is acquiring more and more and more and more of them your thing? Besides stuff what do you value? Why?

Stuff. Things. Is acquiring more and more and more and more of them your thing? Besides stuff what do you value? Why?

Posted - June 16, 2017

Responses

I try to collect less and less, because my tiny house has no room for silly knick knacks. Its hard though, because cooler things come out everyday it seems. Besides possessions, I value my quiet time, which is usually in the dead of night when the world is asleep and I'm awake, wired to the moon but happy.
      June 16, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

Lovely reply m'dear. Quite lovely. Thank you for sharing that part of yourself with us Glissandra. I am not a "things" person. Years ago I collected unicorns. Fridge magnets. Much of what I've collected are in boxes in the garage or on closet shelves or in drawers. The memories of how I got them is what is precious to me. Not the things themselves. I value alone time. I require it to just keep going. :)
      June 16, 2017 5:54 AM MDT

Unicorns are awesome! I feel that the excitement of a new addition to the collection is what drives buying new ones. I used to collect Lego Minifigures for the longest time and the anticipation of opening the packet to see which one I got was a killer.
      June 16, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

I've been partial to them since I was 16! So at 79 I have a long history with them! Thank you for your reply Glissandra and Happy Saturday!  :)
      June 17, 2017 4:59 AM MDT

id rather have people around than stuff
      June 18, 2017 3:39 PM MDT