Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » So do my fellow Brits think Teresa May should go?

So do my fellow Brits think Teresa May should go?

She has put together what will, inevitably, be called the coalition of chaos, and there is much argument over whether she should go. My first thought was, "yes, she should." Then, I thought, "but who the hell would replace her?" Also, whatever we think of Mrs. May, she has now been elected. Anyone who replaces her will be unelected. So, my thought changed to wondering if it would be better if she stayed, for a while, at least. There is certainly no time to change the leader before the "Brexit" negotiations are due to start. The whole business depresses me. What do you think?

Posted - June 16, 2017

Responses

AM I back?
      June 16, 2017 8:32 AM MDT

Have you ever been away?
      June 16, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

A bit of an arrogant POS isn't she?
      June 16, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

I don't know if arrogant is the word I would use, but I've never rated her as our PM.
      June 16, 2017 8:37 AM MDT

I agree with your thinking... I personally think she may as well stay now tho.. we are in a precarious position; more so than we were before the election imo...   I seriously wish she hadn't wasted all our time and all that time and energy on an election... it's not helped anything..  I guess she is as good as it gets for now... 

It IS all a bit depressing!
      June 16, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

Oh and yes, she has made herself look foolish and very flawed now, so badly misreading the public opinion.
      June 16, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

Yes, she should go. She has screwed this country by her incompetence (or treachery, not sure which).

I strongly suspect that all of this was contrived by the establishment as a way to maneuver Britain into a soft Brexit (which is not Brexit at all). Now the right is going to have to compromise to hold together a coalition with weak, fence sitting, cucks.

May was either manipulated into this (in which case she is a stupid incompetent **** who should go) or she did it deliberately because she is a closet europhile (in which case she's a traitor who should go). Either way she must be punished by this being the end of prime ministerial ambitions. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 17, 2017 6:56 AM MDT
      June 17, 2017 6:52 AM MDT

You are forgetting Teresa was a remainer, TZ, though she appears to have accepted the result, and swore to stick by it. I don't see any reason to doubt her sincerity on that. I voted remain, but accept that most people voted for it, so we're lumbered with it. I think our position regarding "Brexit" is weak, whatever happens now. There is only one reason Mrs. May called the election. She expected to easily win a huge majority. Was she incompetent, or are too many people just mug enough to not see through Corbyn? I don't really know. The more I think about this, I come to the conclusion this is a terrible time to change the leader. I think we just have to hope the Conservatives can do a damn site better than they have so far!
      June 19, 2017 8:42 AM MDT