Active Now

Randy D
Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Do you agree with the PETA message to be kind to cockroaches?

Do you agree with the PETA message to be kind to cockroaches?

https://www.peta.org/living/humane-home/kind-cockroaches/

Posted - June 17, 2017

Responses

Yes, I rather do.

How about you, do you think it is fine and dandy to pull the wings of flies ?
      June 17, 2017 2:11 AM MDT

PS: I also agree with the Vegans that eating animal meat i less than humane. I do it myself (and even appreciate the taste), but only because there are a number of vitamins that are hard to get any other way ;-))
      June 17, 2017 2:21 AM MDT

I had to evict a wasp nest at my front door.  It is the same door where we bring in the groceries, including the hamburger meat.  Sorry PETA. This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at June 17, 2017 1:43 PM MDT
      June 17, 2017 2:28 AM MDT

• No, cockroaches are nasty! Every home owners nightmare is cockroaches and termites. PETA needs to get it's head out of it's butt and look at what they are saying! Cockroaches carry a variety of diseases.
    Cockroaches may spread a range of diseases. It is believed that the cockroach may be a reservoir for a range of bacteria including salmonella, staphylococcus and streptococcus. The cockroach can also harbour viruses such as the polio virus.
      June 17, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

Having been raised by a hippie I've been taught to be nice to bugaboos, even roaches and spiders. Peta still bugs me, but I agree with them on some things. I'm just not over the top about it.
      June 17, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

Vermin need to be extinguished.   Death is not a punishment.  

Death is a fact of life.  No one said to torture them.

If the catnip works, fine.  I doubt it.  I am not living with pests that cause disease  because they have a tiny  brain somewhere.

"If you do see roaches, scatter whole bay leaves or catnip throughout your house. Iowa State University scientists found that catnip is 100 times more effective than DEET at repelling roaches."   Yeah, sure.....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 17, 2017 5:20 PM MDT
      June 17, 2017 6:18 AM MDT

• Like Rooster said, they carry diseases. He left out that they can trigger asthma attacks, among other things. DEATH to the roaches! 
      June 17, 2017 6:51 AM MDT

Roaches are not a species that is about to become extinct.  They've been here since prehistoric times and will  probably one of the few species that would survive an nuclear holocaust.  I see very few of them in my apartment, but when I do, I am, in fact, very kind to them - I step on them and kill them immediately so as not to draw out their pain and suffering.  Then I give them a burial at sea by flushing them down the toilet. 
      June 17, 2017 12:19 PM MDT

None where I live
    but usually if I see them somewhere else
    it's bad
    I wish them a higher life form 
    next life maybe as a butterfly,
    and apologize for taking their life as I 
    step on them.
      June 17, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

no, i will kill them if i see them
      June 17, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

• I do not agree with PETA about anything. It is a groups of extremists who support terrorists and deceive gullible people. I heard a few years ago that it collects $30,000,000 each year. If I see cockroaches in a residence, I kill them immediately. They are pests.
      June 19, 2017 7:23 AM MDT