Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Spunky
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » You don't know/understand something. Do you politely ask for an explanation or do you attack/insult due to frustration? Why?

You don't know/understand something. Do you politely ask for an explanation or do you attack/insult due to frustration? Why?

Posted - June 19, 2017

Responses

i ask for an explanation, i dont like to be rude
      June 19, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

[ The frustration-aggression hypothesis was proposed by Dollard, Doob, Miller, Mower, and Sears (1939). ]

I'm always open minded about anything I don't understand---but that doesn't happen very frequently.  I learned in graduate school that it's advantageous to become an expert in something before discussing it.  

Fortunately, that is a lot easier to accomplish than most people think.  Knowing more about the topic than 95% of the people in the discussion one is involved in is not a particularly high bar to get over.
      June 19, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

You mean there is an hypothesis/syndrome/typicality that covers it?  From 1939 yet? Oy vey! Who knew? Thank you for your reply tom. So you went to Graduate School? What was/is your field of expertise? :)
      June 20, 2017 2:06 AM MDT

Why don't you apply that with biblical discussions?
      March 13, 2018 3:20 PM MDT

I think people who attack are those who cannot defend their position because they don't know what they are talking about.

The ones who want to know something, usually do not attack.    It's the one's who don't want to hear anything that attack.

March 14, 2018 12:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon! Some folks here only show up to attack. Otherwise they are ciphers.  Silent. biding their time. Waiting to POUNCE! Thems the ones I usually ignore. :(
      March 14, 2018 4:44 AM MDT