Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Who needs physical affection more, men or women?

Who needs physical affection more, men or women?

I mean hugs, kisses, holding hands.  Not...  well, you know.

Posted - June 22, 2017

Responses

Both. This is one of the most troubling things about our culture today. Men are still raised with the "suck it up" attitude and aren't offered the same kind of affection women are, typically starting at a very young age. Research has shown it has a very bad impact on their mental health. We need it equally.
      June 22, 2017 4:14 PM MDT

Amen to that. I was raised mostly by my step-father, a former Marine war hero and I am totally screwed up.
      June 22, 2017 5:21 PM MDT

i think it should be equal
      June 22, 2017 4:19 PM MDT

I used to need a lot, as I got almost none at home. My present wife gives almost none since we married. (She got her health insurance, my steady job and formerly fat wallet.) I got over it and don't care what attention I get anymore. Comfortably Numb. My wife may need some but I don't give a crap. This post was edited by Element 99 at June 22, 2017 6:17 PM MDT
      June 22, 2017 6:13 PM MDT

I'm in a similar state.  I was neglected as baby and grew up craving affection.  I guess I satisfied that need so my wife and I barely touch each other any more.  I don't really care very much.
      June 22, 2017 9:24 PM MDT