Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are you intolerant of? We're all intolerant of something, no matter how much "tolerance" is preached.

What are you intolerant of? We're all intolerant of something, no matter how much "tolerance" is preached.

Don't say "intolerance" 

Posted - July 1, 2017

Responses

The hypocrisy of tolerance is when something the same becomes different like 1950s teen love for rock&roll, marginally intolerant  but many degrees more intolerant when something different dares being the same.. Rosa Parks sitting in the front of the bus same era. This post was edited by O-uknow at July 1, 2017 10:50 PM MDT
      July 1, 2017 10:09 PM MDT

Boy, I read the first draft and didn't understand it and I am the one who wrote it! Glad I was able to clear it up :) This post was edited by O-uknow at July 1, 2017 10:52 PM MDT
      July 1, 2017 10:52 PM MDT

Poor customer service

Lieing

Incompetence

Ignorance by choice

Abuse of all kinds

Irresponsibility

Whining

Small mindedness

Dirty people

Excessive vulgar language

And others.........
      July 1, 2017 10:19 PM MDT

Wow that's a long list of things to be so intolerant of, especially given we ALL at some point in our lives have or will be accused of all by someone.
      July 1, 2017 10:59 PM MDT

...and that's not all of them. 
      July 2, 2017 12:06 AM MDT

Eh I could only think of being intolerant towards bratty children and disrespectful teenagers.....whereas the long list you posted of what you are intolerant of infers that you are  pretty much  INTOLERANT of everyone  lol!
      July 2, 2017 12:25 AM MDT

• Not so much intolerant but I do secretly snicker at heavy tattooing, stupid piercings, clownish hair dying, stretched ear lobes.
      July 1, 2017 10:26 PM MDT

Yeah, I'm not intolerant of people wanting to alter their appearance in those ways or any way...I just think to myself(especially when I see a young beautiful girl all tatted up and having those big stretched out ear lobes  "oh man you're so going  to regret what you did to your body while in your youth WHEN you're in your 40's and beyond because that "look" LOOKS nasty on older women"....just a fact. This post was edited by Redsox16 at July 1, 2017 11:13 PM MDT
      July 1, 2017 11:12 PM MDT

• Yes. The heavily tattooed  people in their 20's now will be the most laughable seniors off all time in a few decades.
      July 1, 2017 11:20 PM MDT

I know lol!!! Eh but when we're young (no matter what generation), we as the youth at that time, think in our minds that we're never going to get old lol...thankfully back when I was in my teens and early 20's (70's and 80's).. women getting large tattoos on their legs, arms, upper backs and tramp stamps, or getting nose, belly, lip piercings and gages in their ears were not a fad/trend back then!! The fad/trend back then for my generation of young women(because of Jane Fonda's work out videos and that movie Perfect with Jamie Lee Curtis with them both being Aerobic instructors being amazingly fit at their ages) was motivation for my girlfriends and I to join a gym to work out and healthy because we wanted to look just as good as Jane Fonda when we were in our 40's and 50's. Eh for the past 10 years the trend for a lot of young women is to get tatted up, pierce themselves in many different areas and to accept and love their unhealthy body weight, that only encourages them to not change their unhealthy eating habits because they're told to love their "curves" ..which is ironic given how for the past 8 yrs Michelle Obama as our 1st Lady was a positive advocate for healthy eating and working out...but yet at the same time our liberal media and women's magazines were simultaneously encouraging overweight women to love and accept their bodies,, smh.
      July 2, 2017 12:11 AM MDT

Ever worked an EDO ward? Try it some time. Encouraging girls to love their curves is better than encouraging anorexia/bulimia.
      July 2, 2017 4:59 AM MDT

I'm intolerant towards bratty children and disrespectful teenagers as well as their parents who give in to their bratty child's tantrums and let their teenagers get away with their disrespectful behavior towards them and their teachers.  Whenever a friend's child or teenager has acted bratty or spoke in a disrespectful tone and using curse words to their parent(s) in my presence I ALWAYS sternly reprimand that child/teenager about their unacceptable behavior....only because I know their parent(s) won't/don't reprimand their kids..and OF COURSE that friend(lazy parent) is always thankful for you getting their child to behave that day ugh.
      July 1, 2017 10:50 PM MDT

• Not al adults, parents, teachers deserve respect.
      July 1, 2017 11:18 PM MDT

Poor customer service tops the list. That's the industry I'm in, I know what level of service I would provide and I won't tolerate less than a large percentage of that. Make an effort, ffs.
      July 2, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

I cannot stand people making excuses.
      July 2, 2017 5:00 AM MDT

fireworks, hate then, especially when i almost got hit with them one time , i ended up calling the police about it when i got home
      July 2, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

• I'm intolerant of liars, those who try to destroy this country, political correctness, crybabies, feminism, ANTIFA, communism, fascism, bullies. People that blame others for their own stupidity and mistakes. There are others but those are among the top ones.
      July 2, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

Florida Gator fans. Ugh 
      July 18, 2017 5:31 PM MDT