Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » I know it's not so good for me to drink Monster energy drinks, but now they're Satan's product?

I know it's not so good for me to drink Monster energy drinks, but now they're Satan's product?

Someone today told me of this today - - as in, the Hebrew number 6 repeated three times and "Unleash the Beast",  an upside-down cross when you tilt the can to drink, etc. I looked it all up and there are LOTS of links out there saying the same thing. I didn't know which link to pick so I chose none.

Had you heard of this before? Do you think Monster energy drinks are Satanic?

Posted - July 4, 2017

Responses

• No calories ... no sugar ... "Must be!!"

July 4, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

Ha!
    :)
    Thanks, ALF!

Yeah, and the image I posted is the flavor I like best, too.
      July 4, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

Did he like buy them out or sumtin? 
      July 4, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

Yeah, I have no idea!
      July 4, 2017 4:23 PM MDT

never heard of that but they might be bad for people that have heart problems, i tend to drink a lot of coffee myself
      July 4, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

Agreed. I don't think they're good for me, I admit. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 4, 2017 6:43 PM MDT
      July 4, 2017 6:29 PM MDT

Hi WelbyQuentin. I drink them sometimes when they are on sale. Each person has their own conscience. If they really were made for some sinister purpose and I had knowledge of it, I would likely abstain. If it bothered the conscience of one of my brothers, I at least wouldn't drink them around them. Just me personally. Here's some verses that have principles that may or may not be of help:

(1 Corinthians 8:1-13) Now concerning food offered to idols: We know we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2 If anyone thinks he knows something, he does not yet know it as he should know it. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by him. 4 Now concerning the eating of food offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is no God but one. 5 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. 7 However, not all have this knowledge. But some, because of their former association with the idol, eat food as something sacrificed to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food will not bring us nearer to God; we are no worse off if we do not eat, nor better off if we eat. 9 But keep watching that your right to choose does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone should see you who have knowledge having a meal in an idol temple, will not the conscience of that one who is weak be emboldened to the point of eating food offered to idols? 11 So by your knowledge the man who is weak is being ruined, your brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you are sinning against Christ. 13 That is why if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat at all, so that I will not make my brother stumble.
    (1 Corinthians 10:25-30) Eat whatever is sold in a meat market, making no inquiry because of your conscience, 26 for “to Jehovah belong the earth and everything in it.” 27 If an unbeliever invites you and you want to go, eat whatever is set before you, making no inquiry on account of your conscience. 28 But if anyone says to you, “This is something offered in sacrifice,” do not eat because of the one who told you and because of conscience. 29 I do not mean your own conscience, but that of the other person. For why should my freedom be judged by another person’s conscience? 30 If I am partaking with thanks, why am I to be spoken of abusively over that for which I give thanks?
      July 4, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

I especially appreciate your opening paragraph, texasescimo. I, too, may look at the whole thing in a different light, yet, at the moment, my conscience, filled by a purposeful attempt to stay aligned with God and the Holy Spirit, does not sense a bad/evil plan behind the drinks/can.
    Yet, I never would try to be a stumbling block to others, like some of the verses mention.
    Thanks for your help!
      July 4, 2017 6:34 PM MDT

Hi WingedWonder!
    We've talked about the unhealthiness of the drinks before I think. Whether I drink them or not, I doubt it would be for these reasons I asked about in my question. In the links I read, there were some people making just as valid-sounding points that do not support a pagan and/or Satanic purpose behind the energy drinks' cans/name. And maybe I don't tend to believe it because I live in a very conservative -- politically and everything-else area - - and I tire of issue-after-issue being about evil or wrong or against God and having it shoved down my throat. ( NOT that I think you're shoving anything down my throat - - ha! That could be another more delightful topic!) I guess I just don't buy all of these people's arguments -- and a canned drink is not on my radar, whether that is correct or incorrect on my part. After a seemingly never-ending attack from others being simply against me because of whom I am -- yes, gay - -  I just have had enough of the barrage in some ways. (Yes, that one person whom you know of - - the extent to which that person attempted to ruin me was, in some ways, I believe, a by-product of the beliefs of so many of the people of the community/area in which I live.)

Anyway, I admit my doubt to the pagan symbolism of the drinks/cans could perhaps be a personal backlash of my own against so many supposedly God-fearing/loving people who have screamed at me, threatened me to hell, attacked me - - all in the name of God. (And allow me to reiterate - -  I do not think that is what you're doing at all! You're discussing and sharing with me your thoughts in a loving way.)

The drinks are not so good for my health - - that's the reason I focus on for why I need to cut back, which I have. And at some point soon, I think I will stop altogether drinking them.
    I, too, try to stay open to God and Holy Spirit-driven help, but, for me, I (with a conscious attempt to stay with God) sense no evil from the drinks, other than they're not good for the heart and body - - which, in and of itself, could be the Holy Spirit, indeed, telling me to stop, regardless of what is on the can. The product itself is not good for the over-all health of me.

Thanks for helping me out with your input, WingedWonder! 

And your last sentence - - yes. I fear that I need saved from myself at times.

Thanks, again, my friend! I appreciate your honesty.

Who knows where I'll be on all of this? I know I am not infallible, that's for sure.
    And on I ramble. . . 

(thanks, again) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 8, 2017 4:38 PM MDT
      July 4, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

Oh no.  Jesus got you?  Oh no.  My poor baby.

Well, what a friend we have in Jesus.  Jesus is just alright, oh yeah.   And Jesus IS GOD.  That part I love.

He is.  So are you.  Just don't get all Christiany on me here and say only Jesus is God?  You won't do that will you?  Please WW? 
      July 4, 2017 6:46 PM MDT

I re-read my original reply to you, WingedWonder -- I'm sorry for going on and on and somehow "personalizing" my question. I have no idea honestly about any of this energy drink thing. I only heard of it yesterday.
    Just wanting here to thank you for your answer and I'm not so satisfied with my original reply.
    Be Well, WingedWonder! 
      July 5, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

Thanks so much, WingedWonder! I appreciate your kindness and understanding. I had let that reply of mine bother me a bit.
    And what a surprise --  I love the image you posted! Ha!
    Thanks, again!

And your use of words made me smile " . . . I occasionally 'go all Jesus' on people's ass . . ."

July 9, 2017 2:08 PM MDT

Back at 'cha!!

July 9, 2017 3:04 PM MDT

• This has been around for some years.  It is either a snappy sales appeal or a craziness of the original poster.
      July 4, 2017 5:22 PM MDT

Perhaps you're right, whistle6. I had never heard of any of it until several hours ago. I've appreciated the answers I've received, including yours, of course! Thanks! Perhaps there's more to think about for me.
      July 4, 2017 6:40 PM MDT

• When I watched the first YT post I wondered if the poster was posturing, just having a goof.
      July 4, 2017 7:02 PM MDT

No.  I don't think anything of the sort.  All of that is noise.  And the chief thing I think is that that potion can and does wear on the adrenal glands.  That is what gives us energy.   The glands sit atop of the kidneys.  It can wreak havoc with your sleep patterns, age you, mess with your skin.  So, in that context it kind of is Satanic.

LOL  You know, instant gratification of energy and lessening the need for food, in exchange for wanting more and more of it and sleeping less and less.

But those symbols and such are the product of messed up minds drinking way too much of this stuff.

They are speeding their asses off and getting paranoid just like methamphetamine does to the body.  

SATAN. 

July 4, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

Thanks, Shar to the Rona! I appreciate your help and answer!
    I've appreciated all the answers. I tend to think that, at this point, at least, yes, the unhealthiness alone of the drinks are perhaps God's way of letting me know to cut back and to stop altogether - - I'm close to stopping. Thanks for the additional health details about the drinks!
    I had only first ever heard of the possible pagan basis of the stuff just hours ago.
    Who knows where I'll end up in my thinking?
     But I gotta love Dana Carvey! Thanks!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 4, 2017 7:02 PM MDT
      July 4, 2017 6:57 PM MDT

I am coming from drinking that swill for over a year or two straight.  It made me lose sleep...etc.  Just like that description I gave.   Now, if I try and wake up by using a can of that, it doesn't work. I cannot feel any effects at all.

So, I don't think it is bad in smaller doses, but I really abused it.  It wreaked havoc on my body and made me gain weight too. (I sat a lot at my job, that didn't help) But now my body has to be healthy for my job.

So, no more junk drinks.

Thanks for reading, Welb.
      July 4, 2017 7:01 PM MDT

You're welcome, for sure. Shar to the Rona!

And even if I stop the energy drinks, that Pitch Black Mountain Dew tastes good to me, too.
      July 4, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

Me too.  Yahoo! Mountain Dew!  
      July 4, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

Please tell me that Dewitos is not a Doritos flavored Mountain Dew. That sound horrendous to me ha!
      July 4, 2017 9:23 PM MDT

They're terrible for me, but I still drink them anyway. I like Rockstar better, Monster reminds me of beer for some reason. And, yes, I have heard of the Satanic conspiracy theory, but it's all BS. You may like this one, however:

July 4, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

But the one I like is the one I put it in the question -- it has no sugar, ha!
    (The main guy talks a lot here about how much sugar there is in it.)

I like Rockstar, too.
    Good, funny little video here, thanks for sharing it and answering, righty1!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 4, 2017 9:33 PM MDT
      July 4, 2017 9:31 PM MDT