Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Consensus on Answermug is that you agree with Trump. It is China's responsibility to control North Korea. Can you explain WHY?

Consensus on Answermug is that you agree with Trump. It is China's responsibility to control North Korea. Can you explain WHY?

Posted - July 5, 2017

Responses

It is complicated.  I feel that China may have more complex dealings with North Korea and has more might and know-how in dealing with such people.   They both are of the Asian persuasion and may have better communication between the two of them than say we would.

In reverse, think about us (USA) being Australia's ally.  And then think of China being Australia's ally.  Whom do you think Australia would be most likely to understand regarding any negotiation tactics that may come their way with either selection of USA or China as Austraila's only choice?

# conundrum

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 5, 2017 6:10 AM MDT
      July 5, 2017 5:03 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer  Shar. Perhaps. It just seems to me to be an arbitrary demand. As if North Korea is China's black sheep child. I can't see why China should take on any more responsibility for the actions of North Korea than any other country. Thanks for trying to get through to me. I'm gonna have to work on it. :)
      July 5, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

Your thinking is based on logic.. i am a very logical person myself so I appreciate logic.. However, just one thing... many of the asian countries hate each other... for instance CHina and Japan... old wounds... 
      July 5, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

It's not about China controlling North Korea, but getting China to try to rein them in. If North Korea keeps doing what they are doing there will be military action.
      July 5, 2017 5:25 AM MDT

I'm asking WHY it is up to China to do anything any more than any other country njm. I really don't understand. Thank you for your reply.
      July 5, 2017 6:10 AM MDT

Because they share the same beliefs has North Korea. They share the same border, both are communist countries. What other country do you think North Korea might listen to?  It's also in China's interest to try to rein in that lunatic.
      July 5, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

What "consensus"?  This isn't yet another instance where you present something as fact in your opening sentence and use it to preface your biased viewpoint disguised as a question, is it?

:|
      July 5, 2017 6:42 AM MDT

no, i cant explain why cause i dont know why
      July 5, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

• Three or four answers to a question does not a consensus make. The answer to this question appeared in your other question, it was already explained. 
      July 5, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

Non consensual me :P  I don't think China has a responsibility... sure they can negotiate and use whatever influence they have but it isn't something they have to do, that's just Trump being an unrealistic bully again.
      July 5, 2017 2:26 PM MDT