Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Headline says: "UK's first gay Muslim marriage". Is that first gay Muslim marriage or just first in UK? Also, is that forbidden in Quran?

Headline says: "UK's first gay Muslim marriage". Is that first gay Muslim marriage or just first in UK? Also, is that forbidden in Quran?

EDIT: Just read that they had been harassed and threatened. Rather or not someone agrees with it, I don't think that anyone should be harassing them. That's sad.

Posted - July 12, 2017

Responses

I think it is forbidden in the Bible too.  But that doesn't mean there are no gay Catholic marriages.

The Q'uran is OLD and has old thoughts and history.   The Bible has the same.

We take what is pertinent and use it as guidelines and stop judging other people's choices.  There is where Muslim starts and fighting ends.
      July 12, 2017 7:56 PM MDT

Yes, it is forbidden in the Bible. From talking to Muslims I have spoken to, they regard the Quran as God's word, regardless of age. Pretty sure that they think that the same God that inspired the Quran over a thousand years ago is the same God that exist today. I don't judge them for that choice although I think that they are wrong. I regard the Bible as God's word. I think that the same God that inspired it is the same God that exist today. I believe that the Bible has moral guidelines. I hope you don't judge me for that choice. 

Are there 'gay Catholic marriages'? If so, I didn't know that.
      July 13, 2017 12:09 AM MDT

The same GOD?

There is only ONE GOD and HE WROTE ALL THE BOOKS  Bible, Q'ran etc.  He also wrote the Bagavad Gita.  The Song of the Lord which by the way was written thousands of years before the Bible came on the scene.

How can you possibly believe He wrote the Bible and only the Bible?  LOL

I suppose you believe that only certain people are SAVED too?  Oh brother.   Its hard to communicate with minds that are so closed to the possibility that there are other words of GOD besides just that one book.  Which by the way, has been translated and changed so many times, I need proof that God did all that editing over the years.

God is in our hearts.  Each one of us.  And what has come out in words on paper came from the mind of man.  Man's mind was inspired by God and that happened over and over again throughout time.

God didn't write anything.  Man did. 

July 13, 2017 3:06 AM MDT

You confuse me. Sometimes you seem to try to come off as a nice person. Other times you are very condescending.
    Sometimes you try to come off as very tolerant of other beliefs. Other times you come off as very close minded to those like myself that don't believe exactly as you do. 
    You start off in part with 'There is only ONE GOD and HE WROTE ALL THE BOOKS  Bible, Q'ran etc.' you finish with: 'God didn't write anything.  Man did.'
      July 13, 2017 5:57 AM MDT

There are no Catholic gay marriages. The pope says not to judge them, but that doesn't mean the church has to marry them.
      July 14, 2017 5:05 AM MDT

I didn't think so, but wasn't positive. Curious though, do they reprove them or remove them or something when acting on improper desires? 1Ttim5:20; 1Cor5:9-13
      July 14, 2017 4:45 PM MDT

" ... reprove them or remove them "?
    No. I have never heard that at family gatherings, or even when I've gathered with other Catholics. Catholics are reminded at masses that they are sinners and to ask for forgiveness. Acting on improper desires is defined by an individual's concern of how much damage was executed. A petty act, leaving some hardship, could be resolved between that person and the other (whether it be widows, Elders or slaves or in a case of incest) in an form of forgiveness. A great act would lead to confession, to relieve any hardship in a form of prayer and guidance from the priest and be reminded that people sin, but there is forgiveness though Christ. No one is reproved, removed, or shunned.

This is to the best of my knowledge, from ages ago. Anyone has the right to correct me.

Going back to your vision of incest being a sin deserving reproving. If the great flood washed away all human live, except for Noah and his family (Genesis 7:23), then we are children of Noah, not Adam and Eve. New life was created and everyone was reborn into God's new world . In Genesis 9:20-27, Ham saw his father Noah's nakedness. The Talmud suggests that Ham may have sodomized Noah. In more recent times, some scholars have suggested that Ham may have had intercourse with his father's wife. We are children of incest, Tex.
      July 14, 2017 6:14 PM MDT

I was interested when reading your first paragraph. You had to ruin it with your last. I haven't kept up with it this week, but wasn't the Pope upset about that gay orgy in the Vatican? No reproof or anything there either?
    Sorry that you give so much weight on the Talmud and none to the Christian Greek scriptures. You also believe that Jesus received his power from Satan?
      July 14, 2017 6:37 PM MDT

The pope's always upset at something. It's is job.
    Truth comes from documented history.
    Jehovah seems to be ok with this, right?
    Genesis 19:30 Now Lot went up out of Zoar and mlived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. 31 And the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. 32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” 33 So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose.
    34 The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine tonight also. Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” 35 So they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. 36 Thus both the daughters of Lot became pregnant by their father. 37 The firstborn bore a son and called his name Moab.2 nHe is the father of the Moabites to this day. 38 The younger also bore a son and called his name Ben-ammi.3 oHe is the father of the Ammonites to this day.
      July 14, 2017 8:02 PM MDT

No, he was not okay with it. Lot's daughters felt that this was the only way to prevent the extinction of Lot’s family. They got Lot drunk as they knew that even Lot would not have been okay with it. The Bible reports the good and the bad.

You couldn't tell by the law later given to Israel that Jehovah wasn't okay with it?
    (Leviticus 18:6, 7) “‘No man among you should approach any of his close relatives to have sexual relations. I am Jehovah. 7 You must not have sexual relations with your father, and you must not have sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother, and you must not have sexual relations with her.
    (Leviticus 18:29) If anyone does any of these detestable things, all those doing them must be cut off from among their people.
    (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

EDIT: It really disheartens me how little of the Bible Catholics know. You seem to think that a wrong act before even the Mosaic law was given justifies everything after even the law of the Christ was given. For over a thousand years the Catholic Church burned people alive  or put under house arrest for life for translating the Bible or scientific discoveries. I don't see the harm in applying Christian principals when ones stray. (1Tim5:20; 1Cor5:9-13) I just googled to see how they were handling it but only found old news dates. From what I read last week, I was under the impression that the Priests would be removed but what do I know?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=gay+orgy+vatican&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=gay+orgy+vatican&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i61j69i60.3535j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=gay+orgy+vatican&start=20 This post was edited by texasescimo at July 15, 2017 4:26 AM MDT
      July 15, 2017 4:09 AM MDT

(Leviticus 18:6, 7)
    Really?!

~ In one of the tales of a wife confused for a sister, Abraham admitted that his wife Sarah is also his half-sister, on his father's side. However, in the rabbinic literature, Sarah is considered Abraham's niece (the daughter of his brother, Haran).
    ~ In Genesis 35:22, Jacob's firstborn son Reuben committed incest by sleeping with his father's concubine Bilhah.
    ~ The biblical character Amram married his paternal aunt, Jochebed, the mother of Miriam, Aaron and Moses. Moses, the man with all of Jehovah's laws.
    ~ In 2 Samuel 16:22, Absalom (son of King David) is in the middle of a rebellion against his father and sleeps with his father's concubines on the roof inside a tent.
    ~ Abraham's son Isaac married Rebekah, his first cousin once removed, the granddaughter of his father's brother Nahor and niece Milcah. Isaac and Rebekah's firstborn son Esau married his cousin Mahalah, daughter of his father's brother Ishmael, while their second son Jacob married his cousins Leah and Rachel, daughters of his mother's brother Laban.

It also disheartens me how little of the Bible Catholics know.

" ... a wrong act before even the Mosaic law was given justifies everything after even the law of the Christ was given."
    What laws of Christ have dismissed any Mosaic laws? Name the Mosaic law and name the new law, created by Christ, to override it. Please give me more than one example.
      July 15, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

More examples of the same acts before the law doesn't negate what I already said, does it?

You haven't read that the law was fulfilled in Christ?

(Romans 10:4) For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.
    (Romans 7:6) But now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us, in order that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit and not in the old sense by the written code.
    (Ephesians 2:15) By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, in order to make the two groups in union with himself into one new man and to make peace,
    (Colossians 2:13, 14) Furthermore, though you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of your flesh, God made you alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.

Which one of these links are you quoting from? It would be nice if you would give credit to the source instead of making like you got this from your own reading of the Bible, which you and I both know that you have not done. Your Catholic, remember?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22he+granddaughter+of+his+father%27s+brother+Nahor+and+niece+Milcah.+Isaac+and+Rebekah%27s+firstborn+son+Esau+married+his%22&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=%22he+granddaughter+of+his+father%27s+brother+Nahor+and+niece+Milcah.+Isaac+and+Rebekah%27s+firstborn+son+Esau+married+his%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.4142j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=%22the+granddaughter+of+his+father's+brother+Nahor+and+niece+Milcah.+Isaac+and+Rebekah's+firstborn+son+Esau+married+his%22
      July 15, 2017 7:13 AM MDT

I don't remember, but you do.
    What laws of Christ have dismissed any Mosaic laws? Name the Mosaic law and name the new law, created by Christ, to override it. Please give me more than one example.
      July 15, 2017 1:16 PM MDT

Really? You wan't me to list some 600 or so laws here? (Exodus 34:27) Jehovah went on to say to Moses: “You are to write down these words, because in accordance with these words, I am making a covenant with you and with Israel.” The previous cited verses didn't help?
    Try reading Exodus though Deuteronomy. Then try reading Matthew through Revelation. 

See if this from "Insight on the Scriptures" helps:

Law Covenant. The Law covenant between Jehovah and the nation of natural Israel was made in the third month after their leaving Egypt, in 1513 B.C.E. (Ex 19:1) It was a national covenant. One born a natural Israelite was, by birth, in the Law covenant and was thus in this special relationship with Jehovah. The Law was in the form of a code, arranged in an orderly way, its statutes grouped together. The Law, transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator, Moses, was made operative by a sacrifice of animals (in the place of Moses, the mediator, or “covenanter”) at Mount Sinai. (Ga 3:19; Heb 2:2; 9:16-20) At that time Moses sprinkled half the blood of the sacrificed animals on the altar, then he read the book of the covenant to the people, who agreed to be obedient. Afterward he sprinkled the blood upon the book and upon the people. (Ex 24:3-8) Under the Law, a priesthood was established in the house of Aaron, of the family of Kohath of the tribe of Levi. (Nu 3:1-3, 10) The high priesthood passed by descent from Aaron to his sons, Eleazar succeeding Aaron, Phinehas succeeding Eleazar, and so forth.—Nu 20:25-28; Jos 24:33; Jg 20:27, 28.
    The terms of the Law covenant were that if the Israelites kept the covenant they would be a people for the name of Jehovah, a kingdom of priests and a holy nation, with His blessing (Ex 19:5, 6; De 28:1-14); if they violated the covenant, they would be cursed. (De 28:15-68) Its purposes were: to make transgressions manifest (Ga 3:19); to lead the Jews to Christ (Ga 3:24); to serve for a shadow of the good things to come (Heb 10:1; Col 2:17); to protect the Jews from false, pagan religion and preserve the true worship of Jehovah; to protect the line of the seed of promise. Added to the covenant with Abraham (Ga 3:17-19), it organized the natural seed-nation of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob.
    The Law covenant extended benefits to others not of natural Israel, for they could become proselytes, getting circumcised, and could receive many of the Law’s benefits.—Ex 12:48, 49.
    How did the Law covenant become “obsolete”?
    However, the Law covenant became in a sense “obsolete” when God announced by means of the prophet Jeremiah that there would be a new covenant. (Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:13) In 33 C.E. the Law covenant was canceled on the basis of Christ’s death on the torture stake (Col 2:14), the new covenant replacing it.—Heb 7:12; 9:15; Ac 2:1-4.
      July 15, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

Nice diversion.
    Once you go off track, it's hard to get back on. Have a nice trip.
      July 16, 2017 7:05 AM MDT

Maybe you are RIGHT.  I never thought about that. But they won't allow it, will they?

July 15, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

My understanding is gayocity is forbidden in Islam. It does not mean to say violators do not try to combine the two.
      July 12, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

I was thinking that it might be forbidden in the Quran but don't remember reading that in particular. (I also haven't read the whole Quran, just parts relevant to discussions I have had.)
      July 13, 2017 12:11 AM MDT

I don't remember any headlines about the first gay  Presbyterian marriage.  Maybe I just missed it.
      July 12, 2017 10:13 PM MDT

Guess I missed it too? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=first+gay+Presbyterian+marriage&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=first+gay+Presbyterian+marriage&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.4306j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Presbyterian Church (USA) Holds First Gay Wedding at National Office

www.christianpost.com/.../presbyterian-church-usa-holds-first-gay-wedding-at-nation...

Sep 8, 2015 - The largest Presbyterian denomination in the United States recently hosted a same-sex wedding at its national office in Louisville, Kentucky.

After First Gay Wedding, Presbyterian Pastor Says Something Scary ...

www.charismanews.com › Opinion › Watchman on the Wall

Sep 9, 2015 - The PCUSA is not only performing gay marriages, they say no biblical writer would have envisioned what we think of as a good marriage ...
      July 12, 2017 11:57 PM MDT

I don't think that was actually the first but  maybe the first after it being legalized.  I know ministers who did gay marriages in the Church way way before gay marriage was legal.  Many couples wanted to be married in the important sense even though the government would not accept the marriage. 
      July 13, 2017 11:17 AM MDT

Hi again Thriftymaid. What is your opinion of God, Jesus, and the Bible? Just curious as I don't remember ever hearing yours but not trying to pressure you.
      July 13, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

I'm a Christian and I don't debate the minutiae. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at July 13, 2017 12:38 PM MDT
      July 13, 2017 12:36 PM MDT

i think they should leave them alone, theyre not hurting anyone and people have done worse
      July 13, 2017 4:51 PM MDT