Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Games » Do those of you who hate political questions sit on the couch and do crossword puzzles every day instead? What isn't political these days?

Do those of you who hate political questions sit on the couch and do crossword puzzles every day instead? What isn't political these days?

Posted - July 15, 2017

Responses

Karen, there is no possible way in hell that this site is going to be fair to all.  It is impossible.  You of all people should know that one.

People are susceptible to every feeling on earth and what is offensive to one is not to someone else.

Let me say that the person we are discussing has DRIVEN ME MORE INSANE THAN ANYONE ON HERE.

She and I have had fights that you and I have never come near to.  BAD fights.  But, the fact that she is still here and still part of this group is something we need to just deal with and not let it get to the point that we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  Why?

So what?  So she gives a bunch of questions in a row in the mornings.  She is kind of a weird mascot like all of the strange characters on this site.  We are a motley crew and the fact that she has so much history with AB and AM makes it something to focus on.

She is not this hateful mean person.   She is elderly now and she is not nearly as sharp as she once was.  We need to take some of that into consideration.

Do you remember our Amber?  She was 100 times worse on Answer Bag than this.  What about AG?  She had 50 questions about the same stuff every day and fought with everyone at some point or another.  They were wonderful.  They made that site fun and I will defend them to the end.

So, Rosie is just a hate magnet these days and I don't think most people realize that maybe she is incapable of seeing what is pissing everyone off.

So she is insulting.   She is not that bad.  I have been insulted by her.  I would rather have her diatribes than ANYTHING I gave back to that woman.  She is thoughtless.  I AM HIDEOUS.  LOL 
      July 15, 2017 10:39 PM MDT

• You are not hideous!! I know it's not going to bar fair to all, but the moderation isn't consistent. The word h*ll gets deleted for some but not for others.  I know she's in her 70's but she still shouldn't be allowed to attack people. I joined AB in 2008, so I've known her for quite some time. She wasn't as bad on AB as she is here. I'm friends with AG and Amber on Facebook, Amber recently got married. :)
    Even when they were at the top of their game with their questions, they still weren't as bad. They didn't attack you if you disagreed. There were also enough members on AB to help counter those as well. I later learned that they were challenging each other to post a certain amount of questions on a given subject. We used to do the same thing here. We had a member on AB who is doing the same thing as the one we are discussing. She was mean and nasty and told people she didn't like to stop answering her questions. Do you remember her? I know the two of you got into it quite a few times. I got into arguments with her on several occasions myself. I think she got thrown in the box a lot, but that didn't stop her. I'm really glad that she never found her way here. 
      July 16, 2017 5:19 AM MDT

Here is what JA had to say in a post linked below:

'My only goal is to have a venue where people are comfortable and free to talk without fear of personal attacks. I don't care if there are five million people here or five. I don't care if the site turns a profit. If ideas are being shared and people are decent to each other, that's success to me'.

It seems like that means that if only Spamela and her sycophants are left, congratulating each other on their correct viewpoints, the site would be considered a success. 

Here is the link to the Q&A:  https://answermug.com/forums/topic/32423/how-do-social-sites-such-as-answer-mug-measure-their-success/view/post_id/288952
      July 16, 2017 3:45 AM MDT

• Too bad that's not what's actually happening. Some people are not comfortable here and Spamella does attack if you hold a different view. You already know that though. It's such a shame.
      July 16, 2017 5:01 AM MDT

My point was that if those who are being attacked leave the site, that is not a problem for the owner. At least that is what my interpretation is. If only Spamella's friends remain, and the membership consists of 5 people, then attacks stop and all is good?! 
      July 16, 2017 5:37 AM MDT

• Ok, gotcha. Was just on my first cup of coffee when I posted that. My brain wasn't fully engaged. I do see your point, and it's a real possibility that could happen. I've hovered my mouse over the 'delete my account' button several times over the last few weeks, but haven't actually done it yet. 
      July 16, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

So ladies, the bottom line seems to be, to borrow a phrase from my playground days, like it or lump it. 
      July 16, 2017 6:37 AM MDT

• That seems to be our only choice, because it's obvious that nothing will be done. 
      July 16, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

Just don't hit that "delete my account" button. Be a sad day for AM.   :-(
      July 16, 2017 8:32 AM MDT

The problem is that most of them aren't questions so much as rants designed solely to elicit validation of the questioner's point of view. And people get tired of having that point of view shoved down their throats. The message was received long ago yet the questioner still won't stop seeking out participants for their mutual masturbation society.

July 15, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

I'm so turned on right now. 

July 15, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

i dont like political questions much either so i get into yahoo answers a lot
      July 15, 2017 5:44 PM MDT

I just play app games.
      July 15, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

Do any of them kill Donald Trump? 

July 15, 2017 7:41 PM MDT

• One might do many things. Read interesting books, play music, take a walk...
      July 15, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

No.  You don't understand.  Trump is President.  Everything happy is now horrible.  Those things no longer matter.  What kind of music could I stand?  The Funeral March of a Marionette?

July 15, 2017 8:02 PM MDT

• I dislike that march, too wooden.
      July 15, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

Oh me too, whistle, but it has that creepy song title and that plodding, creepy rhythm.  Perfect for Alfred Hitchcock Hour.
      July 15, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

• A good show.
      July 16, 2017 9:09 AM MDT