Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Seems to moi the rich have more rights than the poor. Is it because they earned them/deserve them/purchased them or something more? What?

Seems to moi the rich have more rights than the poor. Is it because they earned them/deserve them/purchased them or something more? What?

Posted - July 16, 2017

Responses

I have known some rich folks (millionaires) over the years, and they all had one thing in common---------- they all worked hard to build a business.  In America, everyone has opportunities to do well, but ya gotta aim high for success. (read books by Tony Robbins, free at your local library)  Most people are not willing to work hard enough to be rich, myself included. 
      July 16, 2017 5:53 AM MDT

• RosieG, not all rich folks can be placed in the same category but for some of the rich, "purchased" would be an accurate word to describe some of the rights they have. I've known a couple of millionaires and they both worked very hard to get what they have. They didn't buy any rights. They didn't pad the palms of anyone to get to where they are. Most of us in America have the opportunity to become millionaire or at least well off. Truth is, many of us want it handed to us rather than work for it. When it's not handed to us we attack and condemn those that do have it. I personally never coveted money. I never cared to be rich. I worked hard to get what I do have and am quite satisfied with it. I am blessed to have what I have and try to give back as much as I am able too. Not because I'm obligated too. Not because I want to pat myself on the back, but because there are those who need it much more than I do. And believe it or not, there are millionaires that give back to the community a very substantial sum because they want too.
      July 16, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

i think everyone should have rights
      July 16, 2017 3:28 PM MDT

I can't think of any rights that the rich have that the poor don't. Could you give an example?
      July 18, 2017 6:23 AM MDT