Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How have you embraced suffering?

How have you embraced suffering?

O_o

https://www.globalharmonycrew.com/why-you-should-embrace-suffering-and-use-it/ 

Posted - July 21, 2017

Responses

My husband died last Halloween. In the past eight months since his death, ive embraced my suffering by embracing my relationship with my son and daughter and grandson. Im lucky to have them in my life. My son and grandson live with me. I was married for 34 years, so being alone would be very difficult for me. 
      July 21, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

It sounds as if you have made the best of things. My thoughts are with you and yours. 
      July 21, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

Thank you Just Asking, that means alot. ;)
      July 22, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad you have loved ones so close.  
      July 21, 2017 3:11 PM MDT

Thanks LyricalOne. Not as sorry as I am. lol He never told me he was going to die on me when we got married. But life goes on. He wouldnt want me to get all down and out. So i wont. ;)
      July 22, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

• I'm very happy your son lives with you. So many parents feel abandoned when their children leave home for good, or put them in homes for the aged.
      July 22, 2017 5:53 AM MDT

Well at 54 im not exactly aged, but im getting there lol, but thanks. My son and i have always been close. Combining our resources is a good way to live a comfortable lifestyle and i help alot with the grandbaby. ;)
      July 22, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

i havent embraced suffering since i dont enjoy it
      July 21, 2017 2:28 PM MDT

I have always felt that one should try to learn from bad things and I kinda believe that bad things, however terrible at the time generally make way for new opportunities and directions..  

I also believe that two people can face the same bad thing and one will see it as an opportunity and one will see it as the end of the world.. 

I had something bad happen last week. I had to have my favourite koi euthanised.. it was a hideous death and unbelievably sad..  this fish was special to me and very special to my son who had saved it's live several years ago.. his dream was to take the fish when he left home and build it a large pond... so we were vrey upset.. but from this I learned loads,, I found a product that seems to have massively improved my water quality, and I have spent the week re-doing an old pond which, when done, will be bigger, better etc than ever..  so yes I lost a fish, yes I was very sad, and it still hurts, blame, guilt etc all had to be worked through.. but I focused on helping the remaining fish get a better pond..

However, I wouldn't ever say I embrace or welcome suffering.. sure I accept it's something we all have to face from time to time... and yes we can do good things from it.. but no lol not embrace. 
      July 21, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps, by focusing on the better pond, you were embracing it, though. You made something good come from  a sad event. 
      July 21, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

Lol it also cost me £148 for the vet visit.. I definitely didn't embrace that bit :P 
      July 21, 2017 3:05 PM MDT

Embrace suffering my a**. Maybe somewhere down the road after experiencing the bulk of the pain. While it's happening, just putting one foot in front of the other is a miracle. 
      July 21, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

• By working in food service.
      July 21, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

• Yes. I can't and won't spill my story to everyone, but I really want to say this...

I have had to endure much in my life. Once I learned to accept it and embraced it, I have chosen to let it go and move along.
    There is something very, very important in my life that I must do.   I may never receive the opportunity to do this again. I can't let the past interfere with my happiness

July 21, 2017 5:52 PM MDT

No, and I'm not interested in embracing it.
      July 21, 2017 11:29 PM MDT

• Another blind date!?  "No thanks!!"
      July 22, 2017 2:32 AM MDT

There are different opinions on this subject :)

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

July 22, 2017 4:25 AM MDT

Embraced it? No Endured it? Yes.
      July 22, 2017 8:04 AM MDT

I am working on accepting the things that have caused suffering; acceptance without approval, that is.  While I may have benefited in some ways from hardship, I believe I would have done much more good without it.  I do not embrace it.  It that even realistic?  I tried to go to the website you posted but my browser warned me not to. ???
      July 22, 2017 2:06 PM MDT