Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Whom do you love dearly and foreverly? Does he/she love you back like that?

Whom do you love dearly and foreverly? Does he/she love you back like that?

Posted - July 27, 2017

Responses

God

Yes
      July 27, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

No. I sometimes wonder, does he ever think of me.. does he regret...  we almost nearly sorta had a chance to meet again after 6 years... but I could never trust him again, which is a shame as when we talked it was as if no time had passed and we still had that connection... The thing is.. the person who is OUR soul mate doesn't necessarily feel we are their soul mate. 
      July 27, 2017 2:09 PM MDT

We assume that there is an automatic reciprocity in soulmates. If it is one-sided then how can that person really be your soulmate?  I never thought about that. It was a no-brainer for me. It's either both of you or nothing. But you're saying that isn't true. That he was perfect for you but he didn't feel that way about you.That makes me so sad. Unrequited love or at least love that isn't as encompassing or solid or loyal. I hope you find another candidate for soulmate Addb. I honestly believe  we have more than one. It's just  whether we are lucky enough to find them. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      July 28, 2017 3:19 AM MDT

Ahh life's complicated isn't it.. he did love me..of that I am sure, I am way too smart to get that bit wrong, he asked me to marry him, said he had never met anyone like me, said he had butterflies whenever he was near me.  We laughed all the time and every moment was magic. I have a low boredom threshold, most people don't get past a first date with me.. but I can honestly say that I never experienced a single moment where I was anything other than enraptured and loving being in his presence..We would finish each other's sentences.. and personality wise he was the most exciting person I have ever met...I truly loved everything about him.. I LOVED how hard he tried to win my daughter's approval.. searching the whole town for a fish and chip shop because she wanted fish and chips... I loved how he and she giggled and bought way too many sweets, (candy) in the old fashioned sweet shop..  I could go on... 

But something happened... not sure if it was something or just how he was...  suddenly he stopped communicating.. he kept saying that I had to believe him that something had happened..  the something seemed to be something from his past... something supernatural...  I am not sure I believe all that stuff but he believed it.. He was a head gardener at Hyde Park in London in his past and he took me there. .showed me this building in the grounds where he and his team used to hang out.. something happened there..   

That was ok until he bumped into an ex... who he was with over 20 years ago.. she was a white witch so she said and she seems to have told him that this thing that happened in the past.. was something that he needed help with.. that only she could help him...  He seems to have believed this... and it was as if he were somehow bewitched.. he was totally different...  and of course he went off with her.. seeming to believe she was his destiny.. It was all so ODD... Needless to say I was heartbroken.. felt like it was a struggle to breathe and even live... It took a long time... 

He and she ended... and I know he started seeing someone else.. we lost touch... I couldn't bear to be in touch with him it was all too painful..  Ever since then he seems to have drifted from one gf to another.. they never last.. SO maybe he cannot find what he wants or needs in them - or maybe that's just his way... 

But to answer your question.. yes, I had a friend who said the same.. that even if we think they are our soul mate if they don't love us, OR if they leave us.. then on some level they really weren't right for us... So I agree...but I can still say that I've met a LOT of men.. a lot... and no one has even come close to what we had... and believe me I have tried... so my thinking was.. maybe I wasn't his soul mate.. tho he said i was... but he really was IT for me.. I am sure of that... 
      July 28, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

You know sweetie that is really a wildly bizarre tale he told you. I don't know what you're supposed to do with that. A white witch?  Something happened in his past that only SHE could help him with? Honestly Addb it sounds like bullsh**! No disrespect intended. It sounds like something Donald Trump would come up with and expect his supporters to believe because he said so. Could your friend have gone over the edge mentally and it manifested itself like that? I know there are many mysteries in life and as a result many things COULD BE TRUE that seem absurd. I suppose. You know him/knew him. Did he start acting strange overnight or was it slowly by slowly? Perhaps he was a schizophrenic and the iteration of him that you knew and loved suddenly was overtaken by that other person? I KNOW you are very smart cookie.  Grounded. Logical. So trying to absorb/embrace what he told you can't have been easy for you. Did white witchy poo help him as she said she would so he was cured or free of that something that happened in the past? If so why didn't he return to you? How long were things good before the "something happened" came up? Years or months? And the fact that your daughter was a conquest of his emotionally is unconscionable.  I'm sure she was devastated. You're an adult. She was a child. How could he do that to her? Anyway I think the "something" that was going on had to do with his mental stability. It makes a difference whether you were together for months or years. Certain mental aberrations/conditions can be hidden for awhile. Apologies for the rambling but you know me Addb. I say what I think as I think it without editing. I'm sorry you've experienced anything that odd. You know what they say? Whatever doesn't break you makes you stronger! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      July 29, 2017 4:10 AM MDT

ive never been lucky enough to have a boyfriend, not sure why
      July 27, 2017 2:54 PM MDT