Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever indulged in any act merely because its "trendy", even suffering physical pain or emotional distress in the process?

Have you ever indulged in any act merely because its "trendy", even suffering physical pain or emotional distress in the process?

Posted - July 28, 2017

Responses

• "Yes" ... that's how I started smoking cigarettes.
      July 28, 2017 1:06 PM MDT

• Nope. I even passed on the ice bucket challenge.
      July 28, 2017 1:19 PM MDT

no, i dont do stuff like that
      July 28, 2017 1:44 PM MDT

Umm, kind of.  I did the Ice Bucket Challenge and its predecessor, the Winter Challenge just for the fun of it but while it didn't cause me any physical pain or emotional pain the fact that my husband and I did both of them did cause my husband's grandmother a lot of emotional distress which is why it was so fun for my hubby.

I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to probably most people reading this but my grandmother-in-law has some really bizarre hang-ups and obsessions.  She completely comes undone over things like the Polar Plunge or the Ice Bucket Challenge.  My husband said she probably drowned in her past life.
      July 28, 2017 2:46 PM MDT

• I looked up ice bucket challenge on Wikipedia. Interesting. 

July 28, 2017 6:37 PM MDT

• Nope. Despite what some people think, I actually find skinny jeans comfortable :P
      July 28, 2017 8:39 PM MDT

Does celibacy count?  (Believe me, I don't participate in it by choice.)

~
      July 28, 2017 9:07 PM MDT