Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Do you only wear specific brands of clothing? If so, why and which ones?

Do you only wear specific brands of clothing? If so, why and which ones?

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

no, im not much into brands, i dont usually care what brand something is
      July 29, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

• "Not so much anymore."  When I was younger and did a lot of riding I wore genuine Levi brand bluejeans only.
    They were made of thicker material and consequently were warmer and held up better under the rigors of the
    elements and daily usage. Also, my riding/rain gear was "Mascot" brand. I liked the fact that the rubberized
    coating was between the suit and the lining vs. on the outside of the suit (Belstaff) which could mark whatever it might touch.

July 29, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

That makes sense. When I find a brand that produces good-quality items, I tend to stick with them too. 
      July 29, 2017 3:16 PM MDT

• No, I wear what is affordable and practical. Since I retired, I don't have many chances  or occasions to dress really well. I'm satisfied to wear those things that are comfortable.
      July 29, 2017 5:41 PM MDT

• No. There are some brands that I wear a lot of, like Hollister and Tommy Hilfiger, but that's because they regularly put out clothes that I like. I don't limit myself to specific brands or avoid other brands, though. I just like what I think looks good. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 29, 2017 10:55 PM MDT
      July 29, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

Nope.
    I do look for clothing made in the USA, but that gets harder and harder all the time.

:(
      July 29, 2017 9:09 PM MDT

All of my clothes are made in USA but I had to buy almost all of them online.  Walmart has socks that are made in the USA but socks are the only USA made clothes I've been able to find there.  Last year they sold USA made T-shirts that had MADE IN AMERICA - 2016 along with a flag design printed on the front of them but they don't have those anymore. This post was edited by Livvie at July 29, 2017 11:00 PM MDT
      July 29, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

Wow, your local area Wal-Marts sell socks made in the USA?  Over here in California, they only offer socks made in China.  Wait, since I only look for men's socks, those are the only ones I know about for sure.  Are you referring to women's or children's socks?

~
      July 29, 2017 9:48 PM MDT

Since I am married to a guy who also buys made in USA clothes I know for sure that Walmart sells both men's and women's USA made socks.  I don't know about kid's socks because my kids are still in the oven so I haven't shopped for kid's socks.  

The socks made in USA are Fruit of the Loom, Hanes and Starters but you have to check the label because Walmart also sells identical socks from the same brands that are foreign made.  

I also read a news story that Walmart is adding a new supplier that will make designer socks in Fort Payne, Alabama just for them.

Walmart sells a whole lot of different things made in the USA that aren't clothes but you have to check them to make sure.

All of the clothes baskets and plastic storage containers I have are USA made and I bought all of those at Walmart.
      July 29, 2017 10:00 PM MDT

I may have to ask you and your husband to ship me some American-made products.
    ~
      July 29, 2017 11:02 PM MDT

Not always, but there are specific brands I love. Lacoste and Ralph Lauren for smart-casual t-shirts and polos, Levi for jeans, Under Armour for shorts, New Balance and Skechers for shoes. I like my clothes to look good, but they must also be comfortable. 
      July 29, 2017 9:43 PM MDT